26. Beside

AN: I'm alive! Crazy, right? Sorry for the long wait :) Don't worry, this story isn't dropped, I'm just pacing myself. 

If you hadn't already known, there's an Ask my OC going on (yes, for Nao as well) and you can drop your questions in my other book called QUESTiON (you can find it on my profile). Do go check that out if you're interested!

 Do go check that out if you're interested!

26. Beside

"How do you say this," Fuwa contemplated, staring a little blatantly at the man, "he's not what I imagined."

Nagisa nodded.

They'd only heard about it a handful of times, but each time mentioned him as something short of a very qualified professor; Someone who sets the international exam papers; A wandering doctor sought out for in many hospitals, even for just a short while.

Sometimes they even wonder why Naomasa hated him so.

"I'd have expected a... more... refined man," Kanzaki admitted, "though I guess I shouldn't judge him by appearances."

"Ah, because Kanzaki-san's true nature exceeded expectations too--"

The children looked up.

-

"What's with that ridiculous bag? Decided to take up clown as a part time job? Did you finally get fired? Lost your medical license? Went to jail?" Nao raised a skeptical eyebrow, arms folded as he didn't even bother to hide the scowl on his face. His glare was low and furious, like a kitten on high alert.

"You sure curse me a lot every time I drop by!" Older Kuma responded brightly, smiling wide on his face. "Thank goodness I've already been stricken with a lifetime's worth of bad luck just having you as my younger brother."

"You piece of--" Nao stopped himself, sitting back down. He took a moment just breathing-- then, "what are you doing here?"

Kazumasa hummed.

His smile drifted a little, and his gaze softened at his younger brother. His gaze was set on the boy in consideration-- but Nao only felt increasingly uncomfortable.

It reminded him of Board Chairman Asano. There was a layer on the man, something that really exuded the air of I know more than you do and you can't change that. Nao hated it. He didn't like to be left in the dark about anything.

Nao set a hand on his elbow nervously, and looked away. It just happened that his students were here today... What a cruel joke.