14. Lament

14. Lament

"You want to see me now?"' Naomasa gawked, disbelief slurring right through his tongue, making sure the doctor on the other end really heard the reluctance. "I've got a school trip to make, doctor. Can't we do this after I get back?"

"It's urgent," the doctor sternly responded.

Naomasa didn't like that tone. It didn't have the snarky, talking-down voice Matsukawa usually used. This was almost grim in comparison, demotivated.

Naomasa had a feeling this really meant he wasn't supposed to fool around now.

"You aren't going to tell me I can't go, right?" He asked, just in case.

"I won't," Matsukawa's voice faltered, as if holding back a broken plea, "there'd be no point in it."

Naomasa felt his stomach drop in dread.

"Kuma-sensei, no!" Kataoka Megu sharply reprimanded, snatching the soda right out of her teacher's hands, "you had ice cream, a lollipop, and two cans of coffee! that's enough sugar for you, sir!"

Nao made a noise a mixture of a cry and a grumble, then sobbed, "but..."

Kataoka glanced at her teacher condescendingly, almost motherly, her hand at her hip and the other clutching the fizzy drink.

"It'll be dangerous if your blood sugar or pressure goes up, y'know?" Okano Hinata scolded him, "you have to take care of yourself more!"

Nao drooped his head, solemnly complying, "it's like I have two new mothers," he whined.

A tentacle slithered past them, and before they realized, the soda was gone from Kataoka's hand. 

"Nurufufufu!" the octopus snickered, sipping on a drink that wasn't his, "too much sugar would be bad for you, Kuma-sensei!"

"The fact that you are telling me that pisses me off," Naomasa pouted. "And I paid for that! Return it!"

"You've stolen plenty of my gelato too," the creature retorted easily.

"Tsk," Naomasa clicked his tongue. "I'll get you back for this one day, octopus."

Korosensei merely Nurufufufu-ed in his corner.

"Your laugh is just some KHR ripoff," Nao sneered.

"I have no idea what that is, but I'm not a ripoff!" Korosensei snapped right back.

"I wonder if there's an Octopus Fruit in One Piece," Nao grumbled under his breath, going into an even softer grumble at "it'd fit him perfectly because they both can't swim."