17. Analyze

17. Analyze

"Kuma-sensei, you don't seem very interested in our new student, are you?" Korosensei asked as the teacher returned to the staffroom.

Nao made his way to the desk, Korosensei popping to drape a shawl around his shoulder, and a cup of coffee was sent to the teacher's hands, like a butlery routine.

Stopped by the door in bewildered surprise, Nao wondered if this was a bribe.

"Well, she wasn't on when it was my class," Nao muttered with a rather disappointed sigh, "and regardless, I'd already introduced myself to her in the morning."

"This morning?" Korosensei asked, "which reminds me, when did you go home last night?"

"I stayed over," as a matter of fact.

Korosensei shrieked, "you cannot be doing that!" 

Nao sat down, taking a calm, warm sip of coffee, huffing out in satisfaction, "don't worry, I only coughed blood twice after you left."

"I fail to comprehend your definition of 'alright'!" 

"Well," Naomasa sighed, walking down the mountain with Korosensei as an escort, "it seems our new girl made a bad class debut, didn't she?"

"A class debut, huh," Korosensei wondered, "you speak of it like a kid's high school debut. Usually, when you fail those, you're stuck, aren't you?"

Nao pondered, "well, as long as you don't call yourself a god, win a soccer match 810 to five, and then save a kid from jumping off the building while dislocating your shoulder; you'll be fine."

"What's with those crazy specific examples?"

"Comedy-insert purposes. Please carry on."

The octopus seemed to eye the teacher with distrust in making it back home himself, so Naomasa was concerned if Korosensei would stay and make sure Naomasa was put to bed too. Mainly because he wanted to get some work done before he slept today...

"Hey, what do you really think about Ms Autonomous?" Naomasa brought up quickly, "I mean, she's a robot, an AI, a killing machine programmed to foil your intentions."

Korosensei would think of her as a student, human or not, and wouldn't treat any differently, Naomasa answered his own question. It came to him right after the words spilled from his lips-- but he still stayed to hear the answer.

"What do I think of her, you ask?" Korosensei chortled, face striping green with mischief, "well, she is quite the charming child, won't you agree?"

And the smile that flowed through his face, brimming through like a spilled cup of water, came so naturally the chuckle bubbled from him without his notice.