31. Rest

"It's a bird, it's a plane, wait what the hell, it's another outsider update. Is the author sick? Or is the school year finally over and she's been set free?"

- Nao, rather ironically.

31

31. Rest

They rented out a whole damn beach.

Seriously, how rich are we?

"To be precise, the school handled the hotel and travel fees. The government has the beach and the vicinity reserved for the rest of our trip."

"...Is this what our taxes are used for?"

"The world is going to be destroyed, Kunomasu. We can afford a beach for two days."

The kids were out playing, Korosensei was running around having fun-- Irina was sunbathing in her very skimpy bikini, and Nao was stuck with Karasuma, getting all the paperwork and procedures settled.

It's hard to be a teacher during summer vacation.

"If you're tired, go play with the kids," Karasuma jabbed a thumb in the general direction of the sea. "I can handle the paperwork on my own."

Nao stared for a moment. "Is that your way of telling me to go away?"

"You're a sharp individual," he replied, dry as dust. "If you understand that much, I would prefer you allow me to handle the rest."

Nao pouted. "Okay, mister responsible."

Karasuma looked ready to snap back with something along the lines of 'shut up and go play', so Nao wisely picked up his room key and made his way back.

If the spicy government agent wanted to do all the hassling paperwork and procedural overseeing-- those were things all the advising teachers usually do together but obviously now only two of four wanted to bother-- then he can do it.

Nao is more than glad to leave the independent masochist there to suffer alone.

Since they'd finally arrived and no longer needed to keep up appearances, he could finally be rid of the suit. Hallelujah.

He ran a hand through his hair, trying to rub out some of the gel as he plucked away his tie and unbuttoned his dress shirt. Professionalism be damned, seriously.

(Seriously, how does Karasuma live? Does he only have suits in his closet?)

He sighed, looking out the window. This trip was an A-class privilege unexpectedly handed down to E, so in this beautiful Fukumashima Resort Hotel, everyone had a room to themselves.