Robbery

A month had gone by since the beating I had endured. Nick would hit me here and there but nothing as bad as that night. I mostly stayed clear from my husband since then and kept my mouth shut. I was still very much angry but it's not like I could show it. Besides I've been busy. These past few days I've gone through a lot. I got the cash i needed to pay our bills and Atleast get us caught up on what was left. My husband thought whatever idea he had to talk his way out of paying the bills had worked not even knowing that I actually took care of it. I almost wanted to laugh in his face. As if he could ever pull off what I did.

I know what you're all thinking. How and where did I get the money. Well, I guess im full of surprises.

3 days ago I robbed a jewelry store just outside of town.

It was a crazy idea but i pulled it off. I wore a wig, glasses and baggy long sleeve clothes. I looked like a completely different person. I staked the place out for a week to learn their schedule and inventory. I learned that everything that was kept in the safe was under insurance. In other words, I could take it and it would be replaced, no one is going to continue to look for the burglar for too long. Plus im just a stay at home mom no one really even knew because her husband never let her make friends. No one would be able to identify me.

In the end, I didn't take any jewelry, instead I took the money and diamonds that were in their safe. They always keep the good stuff hidden away. With everything I had, I took over 500k in cash and $3million worth of loose diamonds in a small bag. The cash was spent but the diamonds would be mine and Cason's way out of this hell hole.

Another week went by and I couldn't lie, I was still scared shitless of being caught. Somehow it gave me a rush knowing what I did, but it also gave me comfort to know that my baby and I would soon flee to safety somewhere on an island.

*The next day*
It was 10am and i was heading into the house with groceries. I had just dropped Cason off to the local daycare so that I could get some things done today and give myself a break. I went to unlock the front door and headed in. I made my way to the kitchen and screamed, dropping my groceries.

There were 3 men in my house standing there with guns. I stared wide eyed and scared. One of them walked towards me and finally spoke.

"Where's my money?"