9pm

I woke up to the sun shining through the curtains. I was still on the couch. The movie credits staring at me on the TV screen. I sat up and looked around. Rio was no where to be found. He must have left after I fell asleep. I cleaned up the popcorn and wine and went upstairs to get washed.

I FaceTimed my mother in law to see how Cason was doing. He was at the park laughing with his infectious baby giggles and playing with other kids. I smiled deeply, missing my baby. 1 more week I thought to myself.

My phone vibrated with a text from a number I didn't know I had.

'Meet me at the bar in 30'
-Rio

He must have saved his contact in my phone last night. I smiled to myself, like a school girl. I liked having his phone number.

I got dressed and grabbed my purse to head out the door.

I pulled up to the bar and it was eerily quiet today. I mean I know it's only 11am but this place is usually packed no matter the time.

I walked in making sure to fix my hair and outfit.

Rio was sitting at the bar drinking something dark. Lily was texting away on her phone when she looked up at me.

"Damn girl

"Damn girl. You're hot!" She said wide eyed.

I giggled. "Stop it. I just like to get dressy when I can."

Rio sat there taking another sip but looking at me the entire time. He put the drink down licking his lips. He got up from the stool and came over to me. Grabbing my hand and leading me to the stool next to him. I sat down and sighed.

"It's so empty in here. It almost looks like a different place" I admitted.

"Tell that to the boss here. He closed it down for you" Lily said teasing him

He glared at her and she immediately closed her mouth. I looked back and forth between them.

"You closed the bar for me?" I asked.

"I didn't close it for anything specific," he started, "I just want to talk to you about something."

I looked down a little disappointed at his response.

"About that wrapping paper job..." he started.

I immediately looked up at Lily confused as to why we were discussing illegal activities with her around.

Lily noticed. "Girl I know everything. Chris is my cousin. You can relax" she giggled.

I nodded my head a little surprised that they were related.

"Back to what I was saying..I need it done tonight." Rio stated.

"T-tonight? That's so soon." I stuttered.

Nick would be home tonight and I had to be there when he arrived. If I wasn't, let's just say I could just feel the bruises already.

"Oh nah? Im sorry. You're right. I should notify you 2-3 business days before hand right?" He started, sounding agitated. I stayed silent.

"Be at the address i gave you at 9." He said as he got up and walked away. I could feel that he was mad at me but im not sure why. Had I done something wrong?

I sat there upset as Lily passed me a shot of whiskey.

"I don't drink dark" I simply said pushing the drink back to her.

"You do today" she pushed it back to me. "Listen, he can be a little rough sometimes. He doesn't mean anything by it. He just has a lot on his mind. So don't pay any attention to it." She said giving me empathetic eyes.

I just nodded and threw the shot to the back of my throat, feeling the burn in my chest.

I sighed, heading back home to change my clothes and await my next task.