Shoot

After an hour of driving, we arrived to a big apartment building. I figured this was where he lived. He unlocked the door to the apartment to reveal a huge, spacious loft. It was already furnished, but it didn't look lived in. It was like one big studio, except there was a baby room. I looked around with a sleeping Cason in my arms. I turned to look at Rio in shock.

"This is your place?" I whispered

"No. It's yours." He said stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"You did all of this for me?" I was shocked. I never really had anyone do anything for me before and this was something I would never forget.

"You deserve it. Thank Mick though, he and his girlfriend helped decorate."

"Thank you so much. I love it. Im really grateful for this." I looked around more making my way to the nursery. I put the baby down in the crib to let him sleep and closed the door. I went back out to the living room and embraced him in a tight hug. His arms laced around my waist and pulled me closer.

I whispered in his ear "will you stay?"

He took a step back breaking the hug and looked at me long and hard.

"I can't, Bianca." He said sternly.

"Oh sorry I just, I-you don't have to. I'll be fine. Thanks again" I stuttered looking anywhere but at him. I felt embarrassed that I even asked him that. Im sure he's got better things to do.

"I gotta go. Got some runs to make before midnight. I'll check in on you in a few days. I hired a nanny to come help you settle in by yourself, she'll be here Friday morning"  he simply stated.

"What? I don't need a nanny. I can't take care of Cason all by myself. And you're making runs without me?" I now was very confused.

He sighed heavily. "Look, you been through a lot. I just want you to stay here for a few days and lay low for me. You haven't seen your son in a minute. Just chill and enjoy the break, get some family time and I'll be back before you know it, yeah?" 

"I guess you're right. Go ahead. I'll be fine" I reassured him. He nodded and left, locking the door behind him. I know I should be happy that I've finally escaped Nick but I couldn't help but feel lonely. I wanted Rio to be here with me. I thought he would at least spend some time with me considering everything that's happened but I think im reading this all wrong. He probably sees me as baggage. He's been acting cold towards me lately. He barely talked on the car ride here.

I shook the thoughts off and started unpacking. Soon I fell into a deep sleep.

———————————-

A few days had passed. I was woken up by someone knocking at the door. Cason woke up and started to scream for me. I furrowed my eyebrows together, forgetting where I was. I smiled to myself knowing we were safe.

I got up, grabbing the baby and answered the door. There was an older lady standing there with her purse in one hand and a sweater in the other.

"Hello Ms Bianca, Im the nanny." She said with a strong Mexican accent.

"Hi it's nice to meet you. This is Cason"

"Oiii hello little man. You are the most handsomest little boy ever." She cooed at him and Cason giggled reaching for her. She gave me a look as if to ask if she could hold him. I nodded.

I watched silently as she took him to his room, pulling out toys and books to play with him. Cason loved it. He started babbling away and sat in her lap for her to read to him. I was in awe. She must have some type of grandmother touch to her because my son doesn't like strangers this fast. I sighed. Maybe Rio was right. Im glad he did this for me.