Chapter Seven

I couldn’t help myself. The little thing was just so intriguing. She drew me in, and I know I could get lost in her eyes if I just looked into them for a few seconds. I growled, shaking my head and continuing to push my opponent, trying to get her out of my head.

She has been in my head constantly.

I wanted to be able to run my fingers through her soft looking curls as I tasted her mouth.

I groaned, taking my opponent down.

This was hell.

~~~~~~~

I had found an empty room. With two walls that weren’t actually walls, and instead another window-wall. One wall was filled with mirrors, and the other was blank. The door was hidden among the mirrors, but I could see the cracks.

I was in love.

I looked through the windows, which had a breathtaking view of the training grounds and beyond, out into the wilderness. The sky was lit up by the sun, and I could see animals flying around. I could see a woodsy area, and wondered to myself if maybe that’s where the people Alanshia mentioned lived.

Sighing, I turned my back to the window, and began to hum a song I had learned on Artoul. One I had grown fond of during my dance classes.

I let myself go, falling into the steps fluidly as I did. 

On Artoul, I had been taught a lot. Dancing was one of my favorites, because I could lose myself and I was able to let my mind shut off as my body took over.

I think it saved my life on more than one occasion.

I know it did.

My mind was off now, and I didn’t notice when Alanshia walked into the room, until she cleared her throat.

Startled, I looked at her with wide eyes. “I’m sorry I scared you! I thought you heard me walk in.” She smiled, and I returned it.

“No, I didn’t, what’s up?”

Her face screwed up into a look of confusion as she repeated, “What’s up?” back to me, and then answered, “The ceiling?”

I laughed, “No, it’s a saying back on Earth, I’m sorry. I meant what are you up to, or what do you need.”

She lightly tapped her palm to her forehead, “Of course! I’ve heard that before!” I smiled and she waved me to follow her, “I think today would be a good day to take you into town?”

My face could probably light a room, “Sure! That sounds like it would be fun.” I smiled, feeling like a kid going on an adventure.

“Awesome! How about you go change into something comfier than a dress? I had some things taken to your room. I don’t think a dress would be good to walk around town in.” 

I hesitated, remembering my encounter from this morning and she noticed, “What is it?”

I chewed on my bottom lip, “It’s nothing, I’m just a little worried about who I might see on my way to my room.”

“Laizia,” Alanshia’s voice was cold and her lip curled when she said the name.

“Who?” I asked, even though I had an idea.

“Lionel told me you had an altercation with Laizia this morning,” her curled lip curled even more.

I nodded, “If that is the crazy slut with the pink eyes, then yes. I met her this morning.”