Chapter Twenty-Four

Zale's P.O.V.

There was a lot to be done, and I didn't have much time. I didn't tell Jaylee, but it would be today that we would storm Alec's hold.

I didn't want her to be there.

It has been only four days since I reunited with her, and I didn't want to put her in any danger. She was my life. Without her, I don't know what would happen to me.

She had been busy reconnecting with her mother and father, but she made time for me. Her smile lit up any room she was in, and yes... her hair was as soft as I thought it would turn out to be, all that time ago.

"Zale, is everything ready?" Gale's voice broke into my thoughts and I turned from watching Jaylee interacting with kids to see him standing behind me.

I nodded, "As ready as they can be."

His curt nod was his reply, and he came to stand beside me, watching Jaylee. "She's different," he cast a glance at me, "in a good way though. But I am not sure what to make of her markings."

I laughed, "You should see them all at once." Frowning I then quickly added, "Wait, no you shouldn't."

Gale laughed and clapped me on the shoulder, "That a boy!"

I shook my head at him, and we turned and walked together towards the training grounds. "Do you think we can do it?"

Gale's eyebrow rose, and he looked at me through the corner of his eye, "I know we can. I have no doubts in my mind about our ability to take this asshole down."

I sighed, knowing that he was right, that we would be able to do it. "Do you think many will die?"

It was Gale's turn to sigh, "I hope not, but I also don't think Alec is going to make this easy for us."

Nodding in agreement we walked the rest of the way to the field in silence. I hadn't seen much of Lionel since he discovered his mate, so I was surprised to see him running around the area and yelling at people.

I frowned when I saw he didn't have shoes on. Pointing it out to Gale, he voiced my thoughts, "What is wrong with him? I don't remember dropping him... do you?"

Shaking my head, I watched as Lionel stepped on a rock, which put an end to his running, and instead he was hopping around on one foot acting like he was dying. "No, can't say I remember dropping him. Maybe Jamison did it?"

"What did I do?" Jamison's voice appeared to the right of me.

"Drop Lionel on his head when he was little." Gale crossed his arms, and stared at our younger brother, who was still doing a one legged hop.

Jamison seemed to think about it, before he looked to us, "I'm pretty sure we did. Remember? We were throwing him around when he was five?"

"Yea, I remember we used to do that, but did we ever drop him?" I questioned, and watched as Lionel quit hopping and started waving at us, before he started jogging our way.

"What is up, what is up my brotha's?" Lionel shouted at us, a goofy smile on his face. "What are you cute boys talking about? Come here often?" he winked at us and struck a pose.

Trying to keep a straight face, I replied to him, "Lionel, did we ever drop you on your head?"

Looking shocked, he seemed to think about it, "Well... there were a couple times I hit my head, but I don't think you guys ever dropped me. You used to play that stupid game with me though."