Checkmate

Park Bo-gum

The first class went off without a hitch today and Professor Kim couldn't be happier. He was stacking his first set of official class work papers when he heard students start to make their way into the classroom. One by one, the desks began filling up with the exception of a certain desk in the back corner of the room which belonged to a certain black-haired boy. 

Professor Kim wondered where the boy was. It was now time for class to start and even though he knew the ravenette was at school, he was currently missing from honors English. 

Just as the tardy bell was sounding, he heard the familiar clunk of black boots coming through the door. 

"So nice of you to join us Mr. Jeon.", Professor Kim said rather dryly and without looking up. 

Jungkook cleared his throat and replied with a long sigh, "aww were you missing me Professor?". 

"You wish kid.", the professor sarcastically said without ever looking up, earning several "Ohhhh's and BURRRRRRRRRN's" from the other students.

Now the room was bustling with excitement and chatter. The other students couldn't believe that a teacher was finally standing up to Jeon Jungkook. 

"Alright...alright...let's do what we all came here for and get focused on English. Mr. Jeon wasted enough of our time yesterday, let's not allow that to happen again today. Shall we?" 

As the professor finished his decree and proceeded to talk about today's assignment, Jungkook could feel the blood rise to his ears. He bit the inside of his jaw so hard; he swore he tasted blood. 

What a fucking prick, he thought to himself. Now he was really going to make the professor sorry and just as JK was lost in thought; contemplating his next move, Jungkook noticed the professor leaning over a student's desk, laughing, with his long fingers splayed across the student's broad back.

When Professor Kim stood up and moved away, Jungkook felt straight rage as he saw Park Bo-gum sitting there all pink in the cheeks staring up at the professor with stars in his eyes. 

What the fuck...Park Bo-gum...really. Jungkook thought. 

Ugh, if there was one other person in this school that Jungkook hated more than Professor Pimp, it was Park fucking Bo-gum, with his perfect teeth and his perfect hair and his know-it-all goody two shoes attitude. He was always rubbing his latest accomplishment in Jungkook and Jimin's faces. 

And even though he never came out and said it, everyone was pretty sure that he was gay. What a fucking nightmare. Now...Jungkook has Mr. Pretty boy Bo-gum gunning for his Professor and that just wasn't going to do. Jungkook needed Professor Prick's attention solely on him, not Boner Bo-gum.

Turning his attention away from his new "favorite" student, Professor Kim notices the frustration radiating all over the ravenette. 

This was going to be easier than he thought, he smiled to himself making his way back to the front of the class. He figured picking pretty Park Bo-gum to be the newfound recipient of his attention would set Jungkook off and he was absolutely right. 

Like with most popular. spoiled, rich kids who are used to being the class favorite... when someone else becomes the teacher's pet, they feel threatened. And that is exactly what just happened with Jungkook. 

Finding someone to use to make the ravenette jealous was rather easy and judging by the harshness of Jungkook's tongue shoved into the side of his jaw, Bo-gum was the perfect choice. Of course, it didn't hurt that his new pet was rather pretty. Perfect white teeth and long tanned limbs which looked the perfect length for wrapping around his waist; he might have more fun than he intended with this game.

Class was over and the students were clearing their desks getting ready to leave. Knowing exactly what he was doing, Professor Kim called out, "Jungkook, I need you to see me after class.". 

Jungkook's head snapped up and the tiny smile that turned up the corners of his mouth weren't lost on the professor. Professor Kim knew the boy would be eager to have his attention, but just as the ravenette was making his way up to the front, Professor Kim said, "Uh...never mind Mr. Jeon, I will get Park Bo-gum to do it to me.... I mean do it for me instead. Mr. Bo-gum, would you mind staying behind with me for just a bit?". 

Park Bo-gum's face lit up like Christmas morning, meanwhile Jungkook just stood there at the professors' desk, looking like he just received the news that his dog died. 

With an eye roll and low spoken, "whatever", Jungkook stomped out of the classroom. 

Smirking to himself and feeling rather triumphant, Professor Kim licked his lips and whispered, "checkmate!".