12- To be Mine

You look up at Tomura discontentedly. It takes him a moment but he gets up and hugs you. Your eyes widen as let out a small gasp. You wrap your arms around his rather boney back. You two hold each other in a loving embrace until he pulls away suddenly. "What's wrong?" You hum.

"Well.. I just wanted to say officially that I agree. So I did it bodily and verbally.." 

"You're such a nerd Shigaraki." You giggle placidly.

"There's something serious I need to discuss with you."- He begins. The tone had come to a complete shift from him, it was amiss, almost surreal. You ignore the anxious feeling in your gut and nod. "So I've talked to Kurogiri about this and.. I've definitely done some thinking. I've tried to ignore it for my own sake but how can I ignore your whimpers and cries? I know you don't want to be here. I don't want to force you to live in my filth anymore." The mutual feeling of anxiety seemed to make the air feel heavier. 

"So.. What I'm trying to say is, I'm giving you an opportunity to leave. I know this seems kind of left field. Especially when I was just hugging you and calling you nicknames.. I just. I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love you and I absolutely want you to be mine ; that's one of the reasons you're even here in the first place. I just can't love you if I know I'm hurting you." 

You open your mouth to reply but nothing comes out. It felt as if the intense silence seemed to choke your words. You look down to think and can't help but notice how much Tomura was fidgeting. His grimey nails dug at the skin of his pale, boney, hands.

After a moment or so you grab his hands and hold them in yours whilst making direct eye contact with Shigaraki. "I don't know what kind of magic potion you infected me with but somehow you made me care and love you so deeply. I couldn't imagine leaving at this point but I also want to do things. I want to go out and experience things. I wouldn't mind doing that with you but you're so tired and worn down all the time.. "

His face swiftly shifted from an expression of pure shock to something that could only be described as a misguided heart. He squeezes your hands in his and lets out a deep sigh.

"So.. What's your final decision?" Tomura whispers.

You take one good glace around the room. Sure it's gross but you haven't felt wanted or loved like this in a long time. You look back up at Shigaraki's expecting eyes.

"I'll stay."