Chapter Sixty Two: Whatever happened to friendship?

It's strange getting advise from the devil. I mean, not many people can claim they have consoled in good old Lucifer, so I shouldn't really take it for granted. But everyone, including my father, are still treating me like a child. I have been trained to become the next leader of the underworld, I have been raised to know all the in and outs of the supernatural world. Yet I am still being underestimated. Is there nothing I can do to make people believe in me?

And then it hit me. The people that did believe in me, I pushed away. I took them all for granted. Gabe, Leo, Ally, all of them. They all trusted me, and I keep neglecting their faith. I threatened to kill Ally's unborn child for Christ's sake! Why, why am I so stupid? I'm the future goddess of the underworld yet I'm still making silly mistakes. I've gone through challenge after challenge in my life, losing my powers, facing my mother and witnessing her die right in front of me. Why am I doing this to myself? Why do I keep forgetting the one thing that should be important to me. My friends.

Maybe Lucifer was right, maybe I am being hasty with a war. But I can't call it off, I've come too far for this. But perhaps I can have one civil meeting with the vampire king, maybe I can smooth things over. And if it ends in a war, then that's what the fates intended all along. But first I have more important matters to attend to.

Sighing, I grip my scythe in hand as I begin to channel my powers, picturing Ally in my mind. I need to find her so I begin to use a power that had previous been made redundant. My hunting ability. Once I know who I am tracking, I can use my powers to track down this person. I've never really had to use it since when I was placed on soul duty, I would just seduce my victim into submission. The only one who ever fought me was Luke... I suppose I forgot about this ability back then, why didn't I use it? It would have made life so much easier. Then again, the chase wouldn't have nearly been as much fun. Suppose that was my way of making my life interesting.

Now, I need to find Ally. Where is she? I close my eyes as I search throughout the earth, but she's not there. Odd, she isn't with Callum after all. Is she hiding from me? I move my attention onto the underworld, wondering if she's hidden beneath my nose but once again my powers draw up a blank. Then it hits me, of course she's not here. Leo would have hidden her in the one place I never would have expected her to be in. Hell. I narrow my search into the fiery depths, searching past the pits of molten lava, past the hot iron cages filled with tortured souls , until my vision locks onto a very familiar castle. And there she is, hidden in the highest tower, with tear stained cheeks. Guilt floods my body as I see this. I need to fix this like Lucifer told me to. I need to make this right. So with that thought in mind, I tap my scythe three times on the ground until I too am transported in a plume of black smoke, travelling to the very tower Ally is resting in.

I open my eyes and I finally see her. She hasn't noticed me yet, but that could also be due to the fact she seems to be clutching a pillow to her face, muffled cries emanating from it. I clear my throat and immediately Ally jumps from her position, making eye contact with me. Those pure irises of hers make it so difficult to keep a straight face. A part of me wants to leap into her arms and beg for her forgiveness. But another part of me wants to look away from them in shame. I know I'm wrong now, I really do.

"Ally I'm here to-"

"You stay away from me, and my child! You will not harm any of us!" Ally suddenly interrupts me, pointing her finger at me menacingly.

"No no, I'm not here to hurt you! Please let me explain!"

"Explain? What do you need to explain exactly Raven? You want me to kill my own child! My own flesh and blood! Even knowing how much family means to me, you expect me to just kill off my child as if it meant nothing to me."

"Ally please, I was wrong. I know I was wrong. I should never have said any of those awful things to you. I don't know why I did it, I was being irrational. I was being-"

"Scared"

A familiar voice pipes in, and as I turn around I am met with two amber eyes filled with a raging fire I had never seen aimed at me before.

"Leo."

"Why are you here Raven? Haven't you done enough to poor Ally?"

"Look I'm here to apologise. I want to make things right, I want to amend my mistakes."

"Your apologies mean nothing Raven. I know how you think, I know deep down in that black heart of yours you still want to kill the child growing inside of Ally. You can't stand the thought of someone more powerful than you being brought into this world, do you?"

"Leo that is not fair! Look I have made mistakes in my past, but I'm trying to avoid doing it once more!"

"You wanted to kill your nephew. Do you remember that Raven?"

Silence fills the room. I feel Ally's eyes locked onto me, filled with shock and disappointment. I turn to her.

"Ally please let me explain, it's not what you think!"

"You tried to kill... your own nephew? Does family really mean so little to you?"

"Ally no you don't understand the situation, Blake's child had the ability to kill a god. If the gods ever found out, they would only kill him themselves. I was just trying to-"

"Kill him yourself? So that you could have all the glory? I suppose you do love your duty Raven." Ally looks away from me, tears dropping from her eyes.

I turn to Leo, pleading to him with my eyes. Leo stares at me for a moment before crossing his arms over his broad chest.

"You messed up Raven. And this time, I'm not going to be the one to clean it up for you."