Chapter twenty seven: Life clock

The vampire stares at me in horror. I continue to hiss at him, making my towards him. My soulless eyes bore through his pathetic being, causing him to back up into a corner. I trap him, the sharp needles in my mouth protruding out to frighten the King even more. Leo tuts as he comes alongside me. He leans against the wall, not looking up at either of us as he speaks. My glare doesn't remove from the defenceless vampire.

"Tick tock tick tock" Leo says, in a menacing tone that even I am unfamiliar with.
"You hear that? That's the sound of your life clock Bloodbrook. Oh and you see that in front of you" Leo says, bringing the vampires attention to me.
"She's the one to end that clock if you don't think fast" he says, gradually standing up and coming up beside me. His eyes were glowing a vibrant Amber.

"You're bluffing" the King spat, looking at the two of us.

"Do I look like I'm bluffing?" Leo asks, his horrid glare looking right through the vampire. Leo pats me on the back.
"That's enough Rave, I think he knows not to mess will you" Leo says to me. I look up at him to find his stare stuck on the King. Slowly I begin to hide my true form, my skin returning to its regular pale colour, the black in my veins disappearing as well as my face beginning to contort as it returns to its original look, my ruby eyes returning allowing me to look at the vampire clearer than before. My eyes were soulless after all.

"Go get Luke" I snarl, stepping out the way allowing him to retreat to obey my command. He rushes out the room and I hear him conversing with a member of his staff, then the pitter patter of their feet echoes down the long stone corridor as Adam returns, horrified. He stands at the other side of the room as a servant brings Luke up to us. His head is down, meaning he doesn't even know we're here for him. I let out a low cough, causing his head to rise. He looks at me in amazement and surprise.

"Raven" he says, shocked. I give him a small firm nod as I beckon him to come towards us. He obediently obeys. Now standing next to me, I observe his exterior. That bloodsucker tortured him. He's got dry blood on his face as well as a swollen eye.

"What did you do to him" I say in a low tone, turning to the King. Scared, he backs up against the wall, ignoring the question. I run over to him so quick that I become undetected, only to be noticed when I slam his back into the wall, pinning him in place.
"Tell me!" I yell in his face, observing the horrified look in his eyes.

"I needed answers and the boy wouldn't give them!" Adam spat, glaring at me. I push him harder into the wall causing a moan of pain to escape his lips.

"Next time you want answers, find them out for yourself instead of through others" I say, whispering it in his ear as I ruthlessly drop him to the ground. I turn away from him and gesture to Leo that we are leaving. He guides Luke to the exit and as just as I myself am about to leave, the King chokes out a few words.

"This isn't over. I'll get my revenge on the battlefield" he states, trying to get himself upright. I smirk at his pathetic choice of words.

"You can try" I say, as I walk away leaving him speechless. When I walk outside, I find Leo taking one of the Bloodbrooks cars.
He smiles at me as he sees me leave the mansion, gesturing for me to get in the front seat next to the driver. The driver of course was Leo with Luke sitting in the back seats.

"Let's go Raven, I've always wanted to drive one of these!" He beams, buckling himself up in the front seat. Due to me mostly not wanting to argue and the fact that he was determined to do this, I silently slide into the seat next to him, not bothering to pull the thin strip across my body known as the seatbelt as it would be useless anyway.
Leo pulls down the clutch and slams his foot in the pedal, speeding out of the estate. Luke's eyes widen as I stay emotionless. It's not like any of us is going to die in this car after all.

"D-don't you t-think you should s-slow down" Luke stutters out as he grips onto the edge of his seat, his face growing white.

"Ah cmon, you gotta learn to relax a little. Live life to the fullest" Leo beams, revving the car to go even faster as he speeds down the abandoned street.

"You don't have a life to live" I mutter under my breath, looking out the window as the surroundings speed past.

"That's true but I live forever so let me pretend for a while ok?" Leo says, chuckling as he continues to speed up.
Luke suddenly grows quiet and as I turn back to look at him, I find out he's fainted. Sighing I turn back to Leo.

"Slow down" I say, sternly glaring into his eyes. Leo takes one look at me and sighs.

"Whatever, we're here now anyway" he says and I look outside the window to be greeted of the familiar house that Callum and Ally dwell in.

"Why are we here?" I mutter.
Leo shrugs at me and gestures to Luke passed out on the back seats.

"He's gonna be safer here, think about it" Leo says, unbuckling his useless seat belt and opening the car door. He walks over to the door closest to Luke, opening it and dragging him out as he walks towards the front door.
He better be right, I don't have any more time to waste on rescue missions.