Chapter forty two: conceal the evil within

Three days have passed. I have isolated myself from the world. The world I call home. So many secrets have been hidden from me. The fact I have a nephew, the fact that Blake trusts Hypnos more than his own sister and to top it all off, my hidden dark powers. I can't cope with the people who I consider close to me to hide away secrets. My wall of trust has been broken down more than once. How am I ever to trust another again?

I didn't want to make contact with anyone, so I locked myself in my room, dwelling on my thoughts. My father has tried multiple times to get me to come out. You see, I've enchanted the room so that no creature may enter, including my father. I never knew I could do enchantments but after I returned with Hermes, I tried one enchantment out. Surprisingly it worked. Crowe told the truth. My father now knew why I was avoiding him. He attempted to break the door down but was repelled away as soon as he touched it. That's when he realised I knew.

He hasn't attempted to speak to me since. I've been left to my thoughts. I don't know if I'll ever be able to trust him again. Too many times I have forgiven him, yet he continues to hide things from me. But this time, it was big. He didn't hide a person from me like Blake, he hid my inner self away from me. The part of me that I supposedly kept locked up. The part of my being that's consisted of black magic.

"Miss Reaper, you have a visitor" one of the reapers says from behind my hollowed door.

"Did you tell them I was busy?" I say, rolling my eyes in annoyance.

"I tried explaining your isolation Miss but he's very stubborn" the reaper says rather worriedly.
I turn my gaze towards the door, curiosity burning inside me.

"Who's he?" I ask in a low tone, impatiently waiting for the reply I desired.

"It's your brother" the reaper says.
"He claims its urgent"

"Bring him here" I say reluctantly. I hear the reapers footsteps echo down the hallway.
Sighing, I stand up from my seat at my dressing table, the reflection of my appearance catches my gaze as I look into the crystal mirror.

My eyes were deemed unnatural for a harborer of death when I was born. A reapers eyes were supposed to be a dark red colour with a tint of black, similar to a vampires eyes when hunger takes over them. However, my eyes are not dark. They are bright. A bright ruby that matches my scythe. When reapers are born, a scythe is ultimately chosen when they are born. Only one scythe is destined to be yours. They represent a reapers soul. And with mine being a ruby red, no one knew what to think. Now it's become accepted, it's my signature colour almost. But back when I was born, I was supposedly not considered a reaper. True Demi gods aren't reapers but for years I have trained as a reaper, I know how it feels to be a reaper. The only thing that separates me from other reapers is the qualities that make me a Demi God. My eye colour represents love. The passion in my eyes is scarily linked to romance. I have never experienced true love before. My eyes deceive others, which is what makes me good at my duty.

"Raven!" I hear Blake yell, pulling me out of my trance.
Sighing, I turn away from my reflection and open the door, taking away the enchantment briefly for him to step inside before it is back up.

Blake strolls in with Edward in his arms. He looks at me with fear embedded in his eyes. I have never seen this emotion in his eyes before.
"What's wrong?" I question, eyeing little Eddie for any sign of injury. However, the child is fine. Not a single scratch pierces his soft skin.

"Somehow, the gods have found out about Edward and his abilities. Someone was spying on us Raven and now they want him dead" he says, stumbling over his words. I've never seen Blake this distressed in my whole life.

"Why do they want him dead?" I question, fearing the answer myself.

"His touch can kill a god Raven!" Blake tells, his facial expression growing distressed and frightful.

Shocked, I look at the boy. His palm was resting on Blake's arm yet Blake is still alive, surly this can't be true?

"But you're here and he's touching you?" I ask, confusion taking over me.

"Gods and Demi gods of death are immune to his touch because they are harbours of death themselves. We are immune because we too bring death to others"

"I didn't think it was possible to kill a god unless you used the blade of Olympus which hasn't been seen since the titans had been banished to tartarus" I say under my breathe, thinking over the events.

"Well apparently, my son isn't the first to experience the curse" Blake says angrily to me.

"There's another?" I ask, switching my gaze from the floor to him.
He briefly nods before speaking.

"They found out the curse can kill gods because the wielder of the curse caused a massacre, sending the underworld into chaos, almost disrupting the balance. Dad came up with the idea of rebirth, allowing life to continue on just in different forms which saved the balance but the wielder hadn't been stopped. Dad sent out the previous God of peace to try and peacefully stop the wilder. When he got to close, the wielder pushed him away, leaving him lifeless on the floor. Dad of course then went to try and stop him and when the wielder thought he could kill gods, he tried to kill dad. He was immune to his touch because of his heritage with death, allowing him to disable the use of his power by placing a dark crystal in his soul" Blake says, retelling the story of the last.

As it all sinks in, only one question matters to me.

"Who's the wielder?" I ask, fearing the answer myself.

"No one knows"