Leads

Recap: Selena is still with Crea and justina. She has no memory of who she is and where she is at. The investigator and zar haven't spoken since he flew off. He is now on the roof of his home.

"Goddamnit... haaa... why Selena of all demons.." Zar  sat on the roof of his mansion. He couldn't help but worry about selena. It's been a few hours since the incident. The demon lady that asked him questions was trying to keep the incident low profile.  Zar hasn't heard from her since he flew off. Selena's mansion was in shambles. He'll never forgive himself for being weak.

*fwoosh*
"Hey demon-.."

"It's Zar."

"..Zar... Look I could care less about your childish feelings. This is hell. No one down here is going to  give a shit about your friend except you and the devil. I was sent here to investigate the powerful energy that radiated from this area.

"He told me himself to check the area immediately. But, it was too late.."

"DAMN RIGHT IT WAS TOO LATE! YOU THINK I CARE ABOUT YOUR JOB! MY FRIEND IS OUT THERE SUFFERING FROM SOME UNKNOWN CREATURE AND YOUR HERE GIVING ME AN EXCUSE OF WHY YOU WERE LATE??!" Zar was now in the demons face. He could feel her breath on his neck. She was caught off guard but resumed her posture.

"... you said you wanted to help me with this case. So I'm letting you."

"I was going to do it whether you let me or not.." Zar said fiercely.

Back with crea and justina~

"Ow- owe... H-HEY! Don't touch there! It tickles 😓"

"Selena dear, please stay still. This isn't going to end any quicker if you keep moving." Justina stands up from her lab chair. She takes the x-ray pictures she took of Selena's head and placed them in the light.

"Mmm.. yea this isn't good Crea."

"What does that mean?? Is her memory going to be ok??" Crea said anxious.

"Well, yes, her memory will recover... but with time.." justina looks away.

".... how much time😐"

"Mmmm maybe ... a month..."

"A MONTH!!?" Crea nearly brings the lab down by his voice.

"Crea! Pull yourself together man. Now look, we can alter this outcome by jogging her memory. You know things she is familiar with."

"Hmm.. Oh! She used to love making me food." Crea smiled brightly as if he thought of something useful. Justina looked a Crea with a 'really' look.

"Crea... how the hell is she supposed to know how to cook?" Justina smiled back.

"... oh you're right. Well then she also loved cleaning.. and um.. doing the laundry..."

"It has come to my attention, Crea, that you know nothing of your ex girlfriend." Justina out her hand in her hip.

".. I suppose so.." Crea's face drooped. He felt saddened by the fact he knew nothing of Selena. What was all those years for? Why did he never take the time to get to know her?

"Well for now we're just going to have to put her in her room. I will put somethings she had in your apartment that might jog her memory." Justina walked over to Selena and gently grabbed her hand.

"Come now Selena, let's put you in your room."

"Ok.. wait- I have some questions."

"Yes go ahead." Justina and crea looked at Selena.

"... is there something I should know? I don't know what it is... but I feel this- heavy feeling in my chest. Like I'm not meant to be here? I-I don't know..." Selena placed her hand on her head and stumbled back.

"Woah woah there. It's ok just- refrain from thinking too hard ok?" Justina helps her up and walks her down the rocky hallway.

...

"... You will give me what I want Selena marina... Even if I have to destroy you one last time..."

Back at the investigation quarters—

"H-hey! Hello *snap snap*"

" oh! I'm sorry mr.Neil - I'm just a little distracted."

"Well, pay attention! The devil is not a patient man. If we don't find this demon by half blood moon we're all fucked" the commander said irritated.

"Sorry..."

"Get your shit together Mabel. Anyway-" the commander went on the the plan he came up with, while mabel (the female demon investigator) was looking Zars way. He was talking eight another investigator and they were laughing. She wondered what they were talking about. What if they were talking about her-

"* god? What are these thought I'm having?? Why should I care what that low demon thinks of me. If anything he should be worried about what I think of him*"
Mabel straightened her dress and tried to focus on the plan, but she couldn't. She was too distracted.

"Alright! Does everyone understand the plan?"

"Actually  Mr.Neil-"

"Good! Get to work you piece of scum!" The commander exited and everyone got to work except Mabel....

"..eh- hey *snap snap* investigator."

"M what! Huh? Yes what is it? Ha" Mabel said nervously.

"Well I-.... was just discussing the plan with Kelo.. are you alright?" Zar said concerned.

"Oh me? I'm fine I'm perfect.. never been better." Mable gave a nervous smile.

"..... I don't believe it for a second. Anyway, did you hear anything your commander said?" Zar said sternly.

"Look, whatever he said was probably not going to work. Let's go by what I say no questions asked alright? Stop interrogating me, that's my job." Mable walked away fast as Zar looked at her confused.

"Dude... did you piss her off?"

"I've got no clue...."

End of ch
sorry y'all...

😊