CHAPTER 4

I walked back to my house after witnessing what I shouldn't. The Flashes still couldn't go out of my mind. I know it is so mean to think all of these just because she was with another guy Just talking. But the main thing that annoys me is she said she'll meet me after college is done, she herself said this. I waited there for like 20 minutes but she never came.

I entered my room closed the door, rushed into the bathroom and had a shower, went into the kitchen took a bowl of cereals, and started eating watching TV.

"When did you come home?" Mom who saw me eating like a buffalo in front of the TV asked me in a puzzled way.

Yes, this is unusual for her, I usually come home and directly fall on the sofa and use my mobile or watch TV without washing or changing clothes, but now I did all these without even her noticing me coming home. This is unbelievable for her.

She came near me, sat beside me, gently patting my head asked,

"What happened Ajju? everything Ok in the college?" Obviously, she would ask me this, she knew my mood.

I remained silent, eating very hungrily, Yes I was hungry.

"Tell me, Did sir say anything? Scolded you?" She asked again. 

Yes, I was sad because Sir scolded me? Seriously? Yeah, that's what she thinks.

"No Maa, I am alright I will talk to you later, Now can you bring me a cup of coffee?" I said like ordering. She threw a deep MOM look.

"Please..!" I added slowly. She smiled and went to make coffee.

I took out my mobile, opened WhatsApp, checked her message from yesterday,

"And from Tomorrow Na....Don't rush after the college wait We will talk and then you go" is what she said to me yesterday.

Did I ask her to meet me? Did I ask her to message me? No..! Then why does she asks me to wait there and not come to meet, If she wouldn't have asked me I would at least be happy now.

"Here, take your coffee" Mom handed me the coffee as I am still in my thoughts. I drank the coffee scrolled through endless social media and watching TV, basically wasting time which is the happiest thing I do. The whole day I was using my mobile watching all stuff and waiting for her message.

It was 9:30, I ate dinner and came back to my room and shut the door, I tried sleeping but couldn't, I was still thinking about her.

"If you really want to talk to her, why can't you first message her?" Mini Man was asking.

Yes, I can but I couldn't. How could I like directly ask her why she didn't meet me and went on talking to Koushik that deep on the first day they met? And even if she had forgotten me, why can't she send me a message. I saw on my phone there isn't any message from her, I opened her chat scrolled, and started reading from start, It's been just three days and just a few words of chat but it is not going out of my mind. The first-ever girl I talked directly facing each other, Yes this seems weird but it is true. I saw the time it is 10:00 PM already, I turned off the light and slept.

I couldn't sleep, my mind was still roaming and finding ways to know what has happened, I struggled in the bed to sleep for like 20 minutes, got up went to the window, Opened it, The cool breeze hit my face, The calm streets of the beautiful city of Hyderabad are seeming heavenly, The night stars, Moon at the mysterious sky over there seemed happy and was moving slowly through the clouds, playing hide n seek. The city that never sleeps seemed like it went into a deep sleep. I closed the window went back to the bed and for the last ever time I opened my mobile and turned the data ON. 

"PING...BUZZ...BUZZ"

3 Messages suddenly appeared on the screen, and Yes Undoubtedly it was from Shilpa, My eyes lit up, an Energetic smile appeared on my face, I opened the message it said,

"Hey U slept?, Why haven't you stayed today in the evening I was searching for you, again you rushed home or what?"

All my thoughts till now vanished, the only thought was "She waited for me?"

"But you saw her talking to Koushik Bro, How could you......"Mini Man was about to say as,

"You still awake, and using Mobile this late?" Mom came suddenly into the room.

"Uh...Oh yeah, I couldn't sleep Ma...That's why" I turned my mobile off.

"No give me that mobile and go to sleep, that worst thing is the reason for you not to sleep"

"Ma...please stop, Ok fine, I am sleeping Bye Goodnight"

"No, give me that damn phone and sleep, I know you wouldn't sleep even after I go, Now give it then sleep." She's not gonna listen now.

"Ok Fine" I gave it to her turning off the data.

"Chalo. Now sleep. Goodnight" She left the room.

Ok now, Finally Shilpa didn't forget about we meeting, and she also waited there, but why have Shilpa and Koushik meet and talked that much on the first day they met, Even I didn't talk to her the first day I met, and also why didn't she told me all these?

"Broooo...This is too much, You ain't her only friend, How can you think so mean?" Mini man was asking.

"But She is the only friend I have!, Goodnight!" I said.

"Oh...Goodnight!"