CHAPTER 7

Lost in thoughts I couldn't sleep well last night, I was dreaming heavily. Woke up early that morning not because I slept well but because I didn't sleep. I was sitting in the bed, checked my phone there were no messages - obviously who would message that morning. I looked at her WhatsApp Display Picture, it seemed heavenly. Early morning, birds singing, cool breeze from window hitting me timely, looking at her photo - obviously a heavenly feel.

Mom entered the room suddenly, I was sitting on the bed, looking at my mobile.

"You still haven't woken up, and you said you'll go out to the ground? Didn't you?"

"Yeah, I will, 10 minutes!" I said.

"It's already 8 30 You'll go at 9 or what? Now go fresh up, No need to go today!" Mom ordered.

I got out of bed, was wearing my spectacles.

"Maa...Please I need to go, I will go!" I pleaded.

"No, If you really wanna go, Go in the evening, not now!" She said and slammed the door. I understood she is really angry with me. Now there's no way I can convince her. I took my phone immediately and to my surprise, there was a message from Shilpa. I opened it, it said,

"Hey, Can we meet in the evening? I got some work to do suddenly. Can we?"

Wow, this was unexpected, I decided.

"Ok, we can meet in the evening, even I haven't woke up early," I replied waiting for her reply. A few minutes she replied,

"Great haha. At 4 today, Nearby Cafe. Ok?"

"Yep Ok," I replied, and went to the bathroom to fresh up. Came directly to the downstairs, saw mom in the kitchen...went slowly and hugged her.

"Good Morning...Maa" I said in a sleepy tone.

She didn't reply back.

"You are upset?" I said as I sat next to the stove in the kitchen.

"You think you are a kid, sitting next to the stove. If it breaks, I am not responsible," she said with a tinge of a smile on her face.

"Mama...Please now...I'm hungry..at least can I get something to eat, or still, you are not responsible?." I said.

"Get that plate," she said and placed a dosa on it.

"If u really wanted to go to the ground, you would've woke up early no beta!!" mom said placing another delicious dosa on the plate.

"Yeah...but u know I haven't set the alarm...so yeah wasted," I said.

She turned around.

"Acha tell me, all of a sudden what is this..u made friends in college and also going out with them? So changed in just a month, didn't you? What's the matter" mom said with a cheeky little smile on her face.

"Maa..nothing like that... it's just fresh here...you know I used to always say...Good people make you better...They are here. So yeah it changed."

She slowly put her hand on my head...and ran her fingers through my hair...one of my favorite things my mom used to do.

"You have grown up my man!!" She smiled.

I smiled back...having a mouthful of dosa and chutney in my mouth.

"Maa...One more Dosa please."

We kept on talking for about half an hour... it's been days since I opened up with my mom. It felt really good, catching up with mom was my major to-do thing when I was a kid. Used to do the same, sit next to her, plate in my hand, mouth full of delicious food, a heartful of a smile on her face. Good old days.

It was almost 10 am, I don't have much works to do. Just sit in my bed, watch T.V., Wait for the clock to hit 4'0 clock. For the first time, I wished the world could've moved faster. My body is present at home, but my mind is roaming around millions of things.

Finally, after an eternity feels, it was 3'0 clock. Just one more hour, I could finally meet her.

"Bro, don't you think you are being too dramatic?" Mini Man said.

"Ah!! Finally, you are back, was not having any mental issues till now, Thanks for coming Bro" I said in a sarcastic way.

"But Seriously, You were classmates, you both sit together, you just didn't see her for just one day, that was also because it was Sunday, and you are feeling like an eternity for that??"

He has a point.

"Yeah...but see, for me it is eternity, she was the first friend in girls especially, I ever met, and she was perfectly my kind of girl. How could I not be hyped for that?" I said getting ready for my first ever "kinda" Date.

"But Still something feels off? Don't you?"

"Bro, please don't spoil my mood exactly the hour before my day. But seriously you will not be my side the whole day but appears suddenly out of nowhere exactly the time I got things to do?." I asked out of sheer curiosity.

"Well..that's the part of the plan I was functioned," he said shrugging.

Well here "HE" directly means "ME". Whatever.

I checked the time, it was 3:30, and had 3 messages from Shilpa.

"4:30, Café Coffee Day, Will meet you there by 4:15." It said.

I got myself excited, put on some deodorant, combed my hair, put on a watch.

Mini man was watching me do all these things and is having a big smile on his face.

I asked What?

He said nothing and smiled again.

Probably he was watching me do all these things for the first time in my life.

I was never this hurry for anything, Never this happy for anything, Never this neatly dressed for anything.

I used to think about how do people consume a lot of time to get ready. Now I know what pushes them to do so.

Keeping all these in my mind, rushed downstairs, drank a glass of water, slowly peeked into mama's room, saw her sleeping, slowly closed the door, and walked away. I rushed through the front door.

I Started my Old Two-wheeler, looked at the time, it was already 4:15.

Drove through the streets like a madman having a big smile on my face the whole ride.

After just a 10-min drive. I reached the Beautiful, Lovely, authentic, aesthetic Café Coffee Day located in the heart of the City.

Walked through the front gate, and thought what a beautiful place she had picked, looking at the lush green plants and the open area seating.

There were people aged from 15 to 50 having drinks, coffee, enjoying their beautiful days. I looked around couldn't see Shilpa. Took out my mobile, dialed her.

"I am at the location. Where are you?" I asked.

"Oh! You are downstairs, we are upstairs. Come up. You have a surprise."

"Surprise? What kind of?" I asked taking my way to the stairs.

"You come first," She said.

"Almost..." I said as I entered the first floor of the open-top area.

I saw her waving her hand, put down my mobile, and saw her again with a bit of shock on my face.

As I saw her sitting at a corner, I saw another Hand waving at me, It was a boy's hand.

And for my crazy crazy things happening around me, It was Koushik, sitting next to her, waving his hand and having a big big smile on his face, than I had on my face, until Now.