CHAPTER 11

Sankruth's POV

With that energetic morning, I had today, I made my way to the college. I was just trying to figure out how in the hell mom got to know about this.

Did she really know?
Or
She is just telling randomly, and it just synced with me?

With lots of questions in my mind, I reached college. I was now just thinking about what to tell Shilpa.

Should I directly go to her and confess it?
Or
Should I take my time, ask her out and then do the thing?

Again many questions came in.

But I was clear with one thing, in the coming 2 days, I am gonna tell her. Whatever comes in the way, let it come and  I am ready for it, but not gonna leave it here and regret it for years again.

With all the thoughts I entered the classroom, no one was there in the class, saw her place, she was not there. Of course, it's 8 30 in the morning, and it's not her usual time for her to come, but there was one guy, Koushik sitting in a corner.

I looked at him, he looked back and gave a little smile. I don't know why, but he was a bit upset, and that's what I wished for.

"You are such a Mean person." Mini man came out of nowhere.

"This is not the time, my man. Please stay inside and have some rest no!?" I said, not ready for his class.

"Fine." Mini man said.

This time, I took the step forward and moved towards him, he saw me coming and moved a bit to give me someplace to sit. I sat there, beside him.

He was still with the same look. The Upset look. I looked at him, he just stayed there with his head down. I have never seen him like that in the past month. He was always, an enthusiastic person, which I didn't like, but now he was the opposite.

I couldn't resist asking about it.

"Early today?" I asked.

"Yeah.! Woke up early today." He said and looked away.

"Wassup bro, you look a bit upset, today, what's the reason, if I can know," I said.

"Uh. Nothing man was just thinking stuff." He said. He was a bit out of the world. I can understand. But I wanted to know the reason so hard, that I don't know why I cared about him.

"Come on bro, it's me and you only know. Speak up." I said.

He looked at me, with a weird expression, I couldn't understand. I was confused.

"Somethings are better needed to share, bro. You keep it in, it becomes hard, to digest. Come on say." I said, with the same curiosity.

This time, he looked at me, with an ABOUT TO CRY face. I didn't understand this too.

"Yesterday, was a bad day bro. A very bad day. I know you won't tell this to anyone, but I am just informing you not to tell this to anyone." He said.

I was literally confused, this time.

"What!! That you had a bad day yesterday!!?" I said with a confused face.

"Brooo...Not that. Let me tell you." He continued.

"Yesterday after you left, I took Shilpa out to the place I thought she would love." He started telling.

"What...she didn't like it and feeling bad for that, huh?" I said interrupting him.

"Bro...I am seriously in a bad mood, now don't make me more irritated." He said, now not at all in a mood to entertain me.

"Ok," I said and fell silent. I understood he was serious.

He fell silent. He took a minute and continued.

"She did love the place...But, you know...I was looking at her for the past month, I think I love her bro, so took the courage, and proposed to her about it." He said and fell silent again.

He blew the bomb, I was thinking that got defused long ago.

I was dumbstruck. Stared at him for seconds. It was all silence out and inside of me.

"D..did she a...accept..!!" I said, without wasting another second.

Probably the dumbest of my all-time dumbest questions I ask.

"I wouldn't look upset if that had happened." He said. He was right tho.

I don't know why, but I felt relieved. All the silence in and out of me became noise again.

"Oh," I said.

The next second the answer came, I don't know why my mind said to laugh and I literally started laughing like hell in front of him.

I stopped when he looked back.

"What's there to laugh. This is why I said, not to tell anyone, they would laugh in my face." He said.

I controlled my laugh so much, But his face made me laugh more. I got up and laughed again like a mad man.

"Bro, just tell me why, you are laughing. Is there anything  I did wrong?" He asked with an innocent face and voice.

"Broooo....you are upset just because a girl u liked said NO to you. That sounds and feels weird from the start." says a guy you fear to tell the same thing to the same girl, thinking she would reply with the same answer.

I was talking to myself and talking to Koushik at the same time.

"You never felt this, right? In your life, where you had expectations over someone. You Imagine all the things you would do together and now think they'll remain....just remain imagination." He said.

Alright, he is a bit serious.

"Ok, Fine. You Imagined all those stuff, now you know it won't happen no, so just leave it bro, chill." I said.

He remained silent.

Looking at his face, I legit felt sad for him for the first time. But was happy for me.

A thought came inside me all of a sudden. I asked him.

"Fine, did she tell any reason, like did she say the basic thing, that she has some other guy in her?" I asked.

Yes, you were right, I was thinking the same, I wanted to know, if she has someone, cuz, you know why.

"Nah man, she just said she was not interested in these things, and she pressed the word, that she has no one in her mind. She really pressed the word, I don't know why." He said.

My Imagination and that happy mood flew off, and the tension increased in me. I looked at Koushik, he looked a bit tense too.

"Oh," I said.

I changed my mood.

"Chill bro, these are all a part, now just leave that all, I will be beside you, You can tell whatever you want to and I'll always be back of you," I said, all these just because I now got to know that there is nothing happening between them.

"But she said, she'll be the same good friend, as to how she was with me, the whole time." He said.

"Huh..haha..see she forgot all that, now it is you who need to stop overthinking," I said, thinking that they'll again, be friends.

So what, I got know that they won't be together no? I was a bit happy. I know I might sound weird, but that's how I am.

Students kept on coming. I made Koushik, feel a bit strong, he was not with that upset face, how he was when I saw him this morning.

We both kept a look at the door, to see whether Shilpa was coming or not.

He mainly was waiting to how will she look up to him.

I, the other side, waiting to confess the thing, which Koushik said to her, and got a NO.

Both sitting next to each other but having different perspectives on the same thing.