CHAPTER 12

Our waiting was Wasted.

She never came to college. I kept looking at the door, but no use. Everyone arrived but she never came.

We both had the same Confused and tense face, but with different reasons.

It was the first class, of the day. It started, she never came. Next class, Nope. The door hasn't opened. If not now she will not come, the whole day, I thought. I looked at Koushik. He was listening to the class.

"I think Shilpa was upset, about the last night. Maybe that's why she haven't come today." I said, just to make him more nervous, and feel the happiness from it, call it whatever you want, but it was fun.

He really felt more nervous.

"Cool, Cool, I was just joking, you said right?, she didn't feel anything and was in a nice mood the whole time," I said, just to make him feel better.

But I was Concerned. She would always tell me if she was not coming that day, but she hasn't told me this time. I took out my mobile, but there were no messages. I was genuinely concerned. And the fact that she was absent the day, I wanted to convey my thing made me more anxious and nervous. Maybe this is a warning for me to stop thinking about her in that way, and just be friends?
But then, I will remain the same with the same regret the whole life, if I don't make the move now. 

Questions again started running in my mind.

The day was done with classes. And yes she never came. Koushik was still the same. We both came out of the class. We walked our way out. Usually, it was with Shilpa but as she never came, it was with Koushik today.

We walked our way out of the class, slowly.

"You never had anyone?" Koushik asked me suddenly as we were walking.

"What...?" I said not understanding what he meant.

"Like girlfriends or someone you love." He said.

"Oh. No, I never had." I said cutting it short.

"No one you love also?" He continued to ask. I don't know why but he has curiosity.

"No man, no one I have. I am not that interested in those things." I said.

Don't ask me why I lied there, I went with the flow.

"That sounds sus." He said, not even thinking a bit.

"Uh...why? You think everyone should have one?" I said in a reflex.

"Nah. Like there is a certain point in life where you actually feel things about someone. Right?" He said.

"Yeah, and yes I do have it. Still." I said.

"Now, that's what I call liking someone. Who's that?" He came back to the point.

"Nah bro, not gonna say that," I said without beating the bush around, this time.

"Ok." He said and was silent again.

We walked down to the gate and down the street. He didn't speak a word, neither me. We were just walking our way.

"You were coming this way today?", is what I wanted to ask but resisted this time. I didn't want to make him feel bad. 

"So, what do you think of Shilpa?" Koushik asked, all of a sudden.

"Uh...A friend, a good friend what else."  I said, neat and sweet.

"Hmmm." he just kept walking.

"Why? What happened?" I asked, to know what was his intention.

"Nothing, Just casually I asked. You guys are close right? Wanted to know" He said.