65

Tsunade and her little entourage had only gone so far when one of the shinobi's sharp ear caught the sound of distant explosions.

"Lady Tsunade, " He began, "I think I just heard explosions..."

"In Konoha?" Tsunade questioned, turning back towards the city.

"Wait, yeah I think I heard something too." Shikamaru frowned.

Tsunade clicked her tongues. They chose the exact time when she had to leave didn't they.

"Should we turn back...?" She muttered. A question more directed to her own self rather than the shinobis around her.

"I don't think so.. we don't know who the attacker is, it could be simply a minor inconvinience in which case our shinobis can handle it. However, it could also be some kind of distraction to hinder our travel to the Sand Village. There are many enemies of today's topic y'know?" Shikamaru helpfully rambled.

"Oh I swear to god, if it's one of those stupid distractions then I am going to throttle somebody-" Tsunade muttered under her breath.

The group stood there for a moment, not knowing what to do, waiting for the Hokage to make some decision.

She then pointed to the shinobi who had originally alarmed them, and told him to sushin in there, find out what exactly was going on and then report it back to them. They would wait for 20 minutes max.

The shinobi nodded before vanishing in a puff of smoke.

"We really can't be late for this meeting." Tsunade said and then sat down.

15 minutes later the shinobi appeared in front of them, slightly out of breath.

"Multiple attacks. In two different locations. Might Guy,  Kurenai and Asuma are injured. The attackers have been identified to be members of Akatsuki,"

Tsunade sucked in a breath and frowned deeply.

"Names are unknown, or maybe they do know, I just wasn't able to find out. There's been bombings, 3 shinobis are dead. Sakura and Sasuke are being healed as Kakashi tries handling the situation. I couldn't find them in time so I don't know who they encountered. Uhm," The shinobi paused to breathe and recollect any other information that he'd gathered. 

"No civilians were injured. " He concluded.

Tsunade turned around, thinking. The Akatsuki made a move exactly after she left. 

How did they enter? There was a huge barrier put up around Konoha-

"Lady Tsunade, I'm sorry to interrupt you but we need to move-" Another shinobi spoke up.

"Are we going to turn around...?" A shinobi at the back questioned cautiously.

"No..." Tsunade finally decided. "Shikamaru's right.This meeting is important. We can't let this opportunity go. "

And with that they began heading out towards the Sand village once again.