30

The next day they met, Jiraiya was carrying a small bag.

"What's this?" Naruto asked and in response the man removed a balloon from it. Naruto stared at it with a bored expression. Jiraiya slowly took his sweet time and lazily filled it with water using some water jutsu. At last when he was done, he held up the water balloon and grinned. 

"Great. A water balloon.'' Naruto was not impressed. What was this supposed to mean? Was he the Legendary Sannin or what? Jiraiya held up a finger and then shook his head in a sagely fashion. "This is one simpler way to learn the rasengan. And," he looked at the blond with a serious look "It took the Fourth four years to master this jutsu...So don't overdo it ok?" 

Naruto blinked, and then nodded. Don't overdo it? sure.

Jiraiya filled another balloon with water and then demonstrated. The balloon moved. Naruto peered closely and realised that it was the water that was moving...no, rotating. 

Jiraiya stopped and then explained. "You have to focus the chakra into your palm, then rotate it in a sphere. If you don't do it properly the balloons will explode!" Jiraiya smiled. 

That doesn't seem to be something to be happy about... Naruto thought glumly.

"Well then," Jiraiya tossed the balloon which Naruto caught at the last second, glaring at the man. "I'll get going then...gotta continue my research.". Naruto gawked at him. "Hey! Why are you going? Don't you have to see?" At that Jiraiya laughed. "I'm pretty sure you won't be able to get it for at least a week. It ain't that easy kid." He ruffled Naruto's hair.

Is he underestimating me?

You're underestimating the Rasengan.

tch.

He watched Pervy Sage walk down the hill, and then proceeded to collect the chakra in his hand. 

And the balloon exploded. 

"What? Already?!" Naruto yelled at the scattered remains of the balloon and then proceeded to fill up another balloon.

__________________________________________________-

Well, guess the Pervy Sage was right.

Naruto lay on his back, panting. He stared at the receding sun, surrounded by remnants of balloons and water. It wasn't easy. It was tougher than he had expected. He had no idea how much chakra he needed to focus on. Nor did he know how exactly to rotate it. 

It was...FRUSTRATING. 

He felt footsteps behind him and tilted his head back to see Jiraiya approaching him. Slowly the blond got up. Meanwhile Jiraiya looked around and then laughed. 

"See, I told ya. It's not so easy."

"yeah yeah whatever."

They talked for a while. Jiraiya told him about how famous he was because of his books and was greatly pleased when he learned that Kakashi was an avid reader of his books. 

"Ah...he has great taste..." Jiraiya complimented Kakashi. While Naruto made a grossed out face.

Soon, they parted ways.

______________________________________

"So... Sasuke's getting some personal training huh? Very impartial of you Kakashi," Naruto tutted to himself, reading the small scroll he had just received from one of the little messenger foxes.The little black and grey fox seemed to shrug every time Naruto made an annoyed remark.

Naruto crumpled the piece of paper and then tore it up, greatly annoyed. the little fox yipped and jumped off from the balcony of his apartment and scampered off in the dark.

Lately for some reason, Naruto's house had been left alone...

Welp he probably cursed himself right now. Nevermind. He lay down on his bed, thinking of the rasengan. Such amazing offensive capabilities. How many people were actually able to master it? Were there any variations? What was Kakashi teaching Sasuke? Was it some secret jutsu?

_____________________________________________

The next day when they met up, Sasuke seemed to be in a good mood or something. he was smiling to himself like he had just defeated all the Kages or something. 

Naruto went ahead and sat next to Sakura who immediately changed her position. 

"Aw come on Sakura!" Actually he wasn't half sad, and this reaction was expected. 

"Why are you always so annoying?" Sakura said in her annoying screechy voice. 

What's up with this woman? She tryna pick a fight

Kakashi appeared just then, late as always. He seemed rather excited and started with the fact that the Chunin Exams were now so close. 

"Don't make the mistake of underestimating your opponents." Was his advice at which both the boys rolled their eyes. 

"Alright then, how about a spar?" He gestured towards both the boys, who turned to face each other. Sakura scampered off to the base of a nearby tree and sat down.

"Start." With that both genins jumped back. They maintained this position for a while circling each other. Sasuke held up one hand and quickly collected three kunais in his other hand, and in one fluid motion threw it towards Naruto. Who dodged them and then ran straight towards the black haired boy. He threw punches at him while the other blocked them. Sasuke jumped in the air and had just started making the seals of the fireball jutsu when Naruto threw a shuriken straight at his hands. He had no choice but to dodge it, And heard Kakashi yell "good move." 

Sasuke cursed under his breath. Naruto charged at him and grabbed his shoulders, and they both fell back. They struggled on the ground and in an attempt to surprise and attack Naruto, Sasuke commented, "Kakashi wonders if you'll even pass the first exam." But instead Naruto smirked and replied "Me too." Sasuke punched him on the jaw making him fall back, and now Sasuke held him by the collar but Naruto just stood up and whispered "You're so weak, Kakashi had to personally train ya huh?". Sasuke snapped and kicked Karuto in the stomach, expecting him to dodge, but he didn't. Instead he just fell back and Kakashi concluded the match. Sakura ran up to Sasuke, congratulating him. 

Naruto sat up grinning. He ran his hands through his hair, and only then did Sasuke realise how long it had grown.

But most of all, how did he know about his practice with Kakashi?

___________________________________________________

A/N:

Woah exactly 1000 words. lol.

have y'all seen Charlotte? You should. 

This book is like some reminder that no matter how many things happen in my llife time goes on. I mean, I started this book when I hadn't even finished Naruto Shippuden , and now I've got a long list lmao.

OMG 1K votes!!!!Bless y'all!!  love you!

Anyways. 

Vote, Share, comment and follow!

Yours Truly,

23