Part 16

He starts rapidly checking each stall before he finally come out of one with a plunger and then rushes back for the stall I threw up in.

He's going to kill me before I even see Kate again! Oh my gosh I'm going to die! "Stop crying!" Kent's tone is harsh and I watch his back pump into action. "Stop fucking crying!" I cover my mouth silencing my sobs.

I'm starting to sweat from the anxiety, if I die today Kate will never know what really happened. They'll stage my death as a suicide because that's something sick Tamir would do. She'll never know.

I start pacing as a distraction and then the splashing of the water stops, Kent stands, flushes, then turns to me. He holds out the necklace and I practically throw myself into his arms. "Oh my gosh." I shut my eyes. "Thank you," I stay a second then release myself.

"Thank you so much." I take the pendant and go to wash it with shaky hands. I have it back. I have the necklace back! I dry it then put it on before running my fingers over it. Kent moves to the sink next to me and washes his hands.

I hand him a towel and he takes it. "Don't be so reckless with it." He advises and I nod watching him throw his tux jacket back on. "Let's go." He takes the lead and I follow him out.

"Just in time!" Tamir smiles at me when I make it back up. I force to reciprocate a smile like I didn't just juggle my life over a necklace. "The next fights have nothing to do with me," he moves to me grabbing my face in a tender gesture. "Want to go home?"

Home.

"Back to my place." He chooses a new set of words, he must be reading me expression. I nod. "Let's go." He drops a hand to grab mine and then we're moving. I don't mean to but I take a glance at Kent before giving my attention to Tamir who's leading me away.

My blindfold gets taken off and I enter my room moving to the couch, Tamir is close behind me and he ends up sitting before me. "What's wrong?" He looks up at me.

"Can I go change into something else?" His eyes scan my body lingering at the hight of my skirt. His hand then wraps around my wrist pulling me closer to him, he sits up. "Can I?" He ignores my question.

I feel his hands knead into the back of my thighs and I lean forward resting my hands on his shoulders so I don't fall onto him. His hand. It's moving. The sensation of having his fingertips run up my thigh overwhelms making me miss a breath.

My mouth goes dry. What is he trying to do to me? I start to feel the soft grazes of his lips on my stomach and I'm melting away. "I like this on you." His whisper blows on me making his wet kiss cold.

His hand that was on the back of my thigh moves to lower my skirt only for his to kiss right below my bellybutton where my uterus is then he kisses lower. Stops and sucks on that exact spot.

"Go change." He pulls away and my eyes fling open. I'm tingling all over. Before he changes his mind I'm stepping back and towards the bathroom closing it as soon as I'm inside.

I'm quick to change into a comfy set that consists of shorts and a long sleeve crop top before I'm taking my hair out. I let it fall past me and take a second to examine myself. At least my eyes are going down.

My cheeks are burning hot form being so flushed at his touch then I bury my head in my hands. "What am I doing?" I mutter to myself. He's bad, I remind myself, you watched him kill, twice! Wake up Halcyon!

I remind myself everything bad thing he's done, all the mean words he's spat at me, his actions, him locking me in here. I need to remember just what monster he is. But how can I do that when he look so peaceful.

I'm standing in front of him watching how he has his head thrown back and half his shirt buttons are undone and he's wearing no jacket. He's eyes open and I move to him staying close but keeping my distance.

I start drawing circles on the grey couch so I don't have to meet his eyes. "You're going home tomorrow." I look up at his words.

"What?" I watch him and his eyes meet mine, he's not joking. "You're serious?!" I light up. "You're letting me leave tomorrow! Thank you!" He's smiling at my reaction but I'm too overwhelmed with the joy of seeing Kate to realize.

"Yeah," he chuckles. "I need a drink and I can't particularly do that around you."

"Yeah." My smile dies down. "I'm sorry about that."

He shakes his head then sits up to lean on his knees. "My mother was a big drinker, difference is...she never wanted to get sober." He looks over at me, we stay silent. Both parties just gazing at each other.

"I'm not doing all this to scare you." I don't understand where he's coming from so I'm left blinking up at him. "I just need you to adapt as quick as you can, before things get really nasty." Oh. He's talking about the two murders he made me witness.

"It's fine." I tuck hair behind my ear as the other side falls in sight.

"You don't have to lie to me you know." He reaches out taking the necklace form underneath my jumper. I forgot I had it. That's probably how I lost it in the first place. "I won't kill you for the truth."

I chuckle at his dark humour. "Yeah right." I mumble and listening to him chuckle too is a confirmation he heard me.