Part 18

I unlock my door and let myself in, making sure to lock the door behind me I dash for my room. My bed's still a mess the way I left it that night I wondered off and I shuffle through the sheets for my phone.

I pick it up and call her, the first dial she picks up. "You're back!" She shrieks through the phone and I drop to my knees. "Don't cry! Come to me, I'm at the shop!"

"Okay," I sniff getting back up. "I'm just so happy to hear you're okay." Tamir can be unpredictable, I learned that the hard way.

"I am nowhere near okay, I totally forgot how hard it can be running a shop like this! Ugh you need to save me." I laugh nodding and I'm moving. I throw some clothes on trying to look as put together as possible.

I put on a khaki green twisted front cuffed blouse and some black jeans with shoes closes to the same green as my shirt. I throw my hair up into a high ponytail pulling two hair pieces by my ears then grab a side bag throwing my keys and phone into it.

Maybe because I'm a one edge form all that I've seen but it's easier for me to spot Tamir's car from down the block, he's still here. Although I can't see him, I know he's in there.

Walking into my coffee shop I notice Kent has beaten me to it, he's already at the frontline chatting it up with my bestfriend. "Boss!" I turn seeing Emma stack her tray up with cups.

"Hey," I smile. "How are you? How's everything so far?"

"Well I'm good and everything else is running good so far, Kate told us you had a little bump on the road and we're all hoping you okay now."

"I am." Not.

"Well that's good." She nods taking her tray back to kitchen. I get stopped a few more time each of them welcoming me back.

I get back to smiling, with my full heart, giving me a chance to forget the unforgettable things I saw with Tamir. How bad could he really get? Don't think about it. I remind myself.

Kent doesn't seem to leave and I catch his eye once again, he cuts it short turning his back to me and I let out a light sigh. "Let's go out!" Kate jumps in front of me with a wide grin, I give her a small one in response.

"I'm so tired."

"That's not fair! You went completely ghost on me! I deserve this!" Her lips frown in a pout "Pleaseeee!"

"Fine!" I chuckle and she grabs my arm.

"Oh goodie! You won't believe the weekend I've had.." she starts rambling off as we step out the shop. My eyes divert to our surroundings looking for a certain black car- "And I couldn't even watch the show without you!" her voice cuts back into my thoughts.

"We could always go home and watch it?"

"What?! No!" She pauses. "Actually let's go get the rollerblades from your house, you still have them lying around don't you?" I nod and she breaks out into a white smile, I mirror her. "Yesss!" She sings with a tight fist in the air.

God I've missed her.

We get back to my house and grab the rollerblades and start to prepare ourselves, as soon as we're out on the road Kate starts to roll off without me. "You know six o'clock came!" She crosses the street as I stay a back a little to wave at a passing neighbour.

At the mention of Tamir my heart immediately shatters. "He did now?" I drop my head.

"Yeah." She wizzes around me. "Asked for you too." I turn to her and she's rolling back, I follow her.

"What do you mean? What did he say?"

"Asked to see the boss, told him you weren't going to be back for a while, gave him your phone number."

"You did what?!" I watch her roll further down. "Don't escape this!" I speed up. "You gave him my number?!" Now there's no running away form him, he knows where I live, my number, where I work, what's next?

I try not dwelling in the thought too long and find this a good window to set my lies in. "Well...actually he found me..."

"Found you?"

"Well I wasn't going to stay in the hotel all day." She gives me a spectacle look. "I was wondering around and he stopped me," she stops and we move from the road to the pavement. "He said I looked a mess and bought me a drink to try make me feel better...we have a date Saturday."

"Saturday?! Damn, he works fast." She give me a side glance. "Well Trevor better tread you right."

"Tamir." I correct her.

"Whatever. Same thing! The point is, you got yourself a date. A hot date. How exciting!" She slows down letting me catch up, by the looks of it we're heading for the city. "Are you going to give it up?"

"Give what up?" I get a side eye and an smirk. "It's a date...not a one night stand." I mumble the last part.

"You haven't had good di-sex in too long," she smiles to herself "I'd say take advantage of the situation. Maybe that kitty of yours will leave him wanting more."

"Shut up." I dive for her and she speeds up laughing. "It's not like you're getting it either." Another side eye followed by a smirk. "Scandalous!" I call after her as she's taking the lead. We hurry along making it to the city with more talk.

It take us longer then anticipated and we end up getting some hot tacos from a food stand before devouring it on the cold asphalt. "Are you okay now?" I look over at Kate who stuffs her mouth more.

"Yeah.." I lie, I'm nowhere near okay. After that boxing match I could never be okay. "I'm just happy to be back."

"Well I'm glad you're back too." She take a taco from my box and I let her.