Part 70

It's the brown skinned girl that comes to get me, she's at my door with a stern look. She's in a yellow romper making her skin look a tad darker, her hair is pushed back into a slick ponytail with the kink of her hair puffing out.

"I'm Elizabeth," she finally speaks. I let out a breath.

"Halcyon," I smile, "it's really nice to officially meet you."

"So that's how you pronounce your name, Halcyon." I nod. "It's nice to meet you too, come, let's go introduce you to the others." I nod following her. Her pace is tremendously slow giving me just enough time to really take in the details of this villa.

"This is Angel," she point to the other girl that's sitting with her legs crossed, she's in a bralette and denim shorts, "and Miles." She point to the guy, Sierra's man. He's in a button down with half his buttons done with beach shorts. "Guys, Halcyon."

"So how'd you do it?" I don't even get to sit down before Miles springs the question on me.

"Yeah, tell us how!" Angel has a soft voice, matching her name. "Your documents tell us you escaped but not how."

"My documents?" I frown. "And how I escaped..."

"The test, surly you must be happy, you're the first!" I turn back to a speaking Miles. "Come on!" He urges. "We're all married to the Kim's, we're practically stuck together, tell us!"

My mind start to overflow. First of all, I have documents? Why would I have documents? As in all my legal information, they have access to that? Second of all...we're not all married to the Kim's.

"She clearly doesn't want to talk about it," Elizabeth's voice saves me. "Let's just drop it."

"Such a tease for a new girl," I meet his eyes and he doesn't even blink before his next words shut me down completely, "I liked the others better."

"Miles." Elizabeth's tone is harsh as a sweet mocking laughter fills the air. My heart drops into a pit of sorrow, I haven't even been here for five minutes and I feel like I'm already sticking out like a sore thumb.

"I think Melissa was prettier then her," my eyes dart to Angel, "although I guess she's pretty for an Asian." I swallow the bitter pill. Pretty for an Asian? What is that even suppose to me?!

"What are you, one sixty-five pounds? You look so fragile for your size."

"Er-" Why would he say that? "Excuse me?"

"You even got his initials right on your arm," my eyes drop to her words, "gosh now you're practically stuck here."

Silently my eyes go from Angel to Miles as the pick apart things I didn't even notice about myself. My body is itching to move, aching to leave or just get out of here, but to go where? I have no idea where Tamir went.

"Are you not going to say anything?" Miles finishes. "We've been here literally drilling you, don't tell me you seriously have no backbone."

"I don't have to prove anything to you," I meet his eyes. I have never had to sit and listen to anyone talk this much shit about me for so long. And, I hate it. My face kept burning, my hands kept sweating. I hated every moment of it. "or Angel. So every lie you guys just kept spewing means nothing to me."

"Sweetheart," I turn back at the word. I practically jump at the sight of Tamir, gosh he couldn't have came at a better time. I try composing myself as I make my way to him and he leads us away.

"How was that?" His question stings the back of me eyes.

"They don't like me. I don't know what I did, or why they don't like me but they just don't. I didn't even do anything-like I couldn't-I literally sat down and they just drilled me," I over at him watching me.

"Miles just kept comparing me to other girls and Angel just-she started pointing things out that I didn't-I didn't even notice. Everything, like everything was mentioned-" I stop catching my breath before continuing my vent.

"Who says that to someone? I don't even know them and they're being so mean."
He listens, he even asks questions that makes sense and make me want to continue but even I know I can't just keep rambling.

He's led us to an open space with nothing but couches spread everywhere. Only when I shut up do I let myself think about the documents they mentioned, the documents everyone but me seem to know about.

"What happened to my parents..." I let the question linger in the air playing with my hands besides him.

"You never told me that my love," he replies his tone soft.

"But you know," I pick my head up, "don't you?" Nothing. He says nothing. "You've read all about me...haven't you?"

"I only know what the papers tell me."

"Are you even allowed to have these documents of me that you do? Why do you even have them? How do you even have them?" His eyes hold no answer for me. "So that's what you meant by someone was trying to get my documents?

"They we're trying to get them from you." Suddenly I feel so exposed. Right when I got here the people I met today looked at me as if I were fresh meat, then his sister walks in on us making me want to evaporate from existence, then the spouses roasted me like never before and now these documents.

Tamir knows more then I tell him, he knew about my parents, he knew about my brothers death, he knew about my ex addition. I was so ashamed of that, yet he already knew.

"It doesn't even matter," I shake my head darting my eyes away.

"I had to know what I was dealing with, who I was dealing with. Of course I read all about you."

"I said it doesn't matter," I let out weakly trying to conceal my broken tone. Im a finger nail, each splinter of skin has been peeled off, the last hurting as much as the previous.

"I thought it'll be better if you didn't know yet, you finding out meant you have to read everyone else's file. The just a pile of papers."

"Tamir, please just...leave it alone." His attempt was a little comforting but I'm no longer interested in the conversation. Yet it aches in the back of my head, beating the same rhythm as my heart.

"I didn't realize you'd be so upset about it."

"Of course I'm upset about it," I turn to him, "the detailing in their insults were so precise, I had no choice but to look so ridiculous!"

"My love, this is a mafia we're talking about."

"It's a violation of privacy. I don't even know half the things you know about me!"

"You want to read my file? Is that what is it?"

"Forget it." I lash out.

"Sweetheart come on,"

"Stop." I reject his touch when he tries reaching out to me. I turn my body away form him trying to hide my psychological exposure physically. I feel his gaze, strong and heavy yet I don't turn to him again.