Part 30

I take three more videos once the clip gets too long then ask for his phone, he gives it to me and I spot he has Snapchat, I open it and pick a cute filter for us before lifting it. "Smile." I pull him close then take the picture before saving it.

I look down at our picture, I'm smiling he's looking at me. "You were supposed to smile."

"I was?" He plays dumb and I X the photo and take a few more of us before I run away with his phone taking solo photos. "What are you doing now?!" He questions when I come back with a beaming smile.

"We're taking videos on this filter," I go to set the phone up using my bag to help, "I like it. It has a like a vintage indie pop going on." I start the video then slide left. "Okay." I skate back to him. I smile at the camera putting up a peace sign.

"You look absolutely ridiculous." His hands rest at my waist then he turns me to him.

"I don't see you posing." My hands rest on his chest.

"Yeah, 'cause I don't want to look ridiculous." He leans in putting our lips together. I got sick earlier this week, so I couldn't kiss him, now that I can, I don't want to stop. My hands work up his chest wrapping around his neck.

"Stop distracting me," I pull away and move back to his photo, the snap is replaying itself over and over. It starts with me posing then him telling me how ridiculous I look before sweeping me in a kiss and we continue to make out.

The next video I take starts with me starting the videos before I'm dragged from behind and hauled around with him, I'm laughing so hard my stomach starts to hurt. We take a few more before I decide to move to date along.

"You've been to a taco truck before haven't you?" We're holding hands once more as I pull us to a food truck.

"I haven't been to an anything truck in literally ten years."

"Years?!" I look back at him, he nods. "Damn Tamir, where have you been?" I move up to the truck then order six tacos, three for each and two drinks then we sit on the edge of the sidewalk and eat.

"I used to come here all the time with Kate when I first moved in, you see she loves roller skating and I agreed to learn after she wouldn't stop pestering me about it, now when we have free time we skate." I sip my Pepsi.

Bedside me Tamir wipes his hands with the given napkins, he then throws his hood up and picks his own drink up sipping it. "I don't mean to be intrusive but, do you have a bestfriend?"

He keeps his eyes out to our left looking out into the empty road. "I used to." I'm intrigued, mostly because he answer but also because he used the past tense. "I couldn't trust a lot of people but he was always there."

"Do you miss him?" Even if I don't know who he's talking about, he's talking about it so I'll take that.

"I've shut that part of me down." He puts his drink back to his lips, I know even if I ask why, I won't get a response. I slip my arm around his bicep and cling onto that resting my head on his shoulder. I feel him shift and I look up at him, he says nothing.

"I hope some day, you'll be able to talk to me about these things." It's a stretch, a dream, a fantasy if you will but that doesn't mean I can't become a reality.

"What makes you think I'll talk to you?" His tone completely puts me off. My silence swims around us. I break it with something I know he'll be able to talk about.

"Do you like working in the mafia?"

"It's the only thing I can say I love doing. I've been raised in the mafia, it's the only thing I know how to do, and I'm good at it." See?

"What exactly do you love about it?" I snuggle a little finishing my drink.

"The travelling, yes they're business trips, but it's still something." So he has ache for travelling? "The killing always give me a thrill, there's nothing like it." His excitement is concerning. My silence grows a little thicker, maybe I shouldn't have asked about his mafia. "The family get-togethers too."

"Yeah?" I pounce on the subject change. "What do you guys do at family gatherings?"

"We hunt," Okay, that doesn't seem so bad. "Humans." I spoke too soon. "I should take you there, if you can stomach it that is." I pull away. "And go the evening without crying." I blink up at him, he can't be serious?

"You always have this look on your face, every time I talk about murder, it's like I terrify you sometimes." His head tilts. "Do I scare you?" I don't answer. "This is a part of me Halcyon, if you can't except that you'll suffer greatly."

"Murdering is part of you?"

"Yes."

"The sick part of you!" I want to break away form him, to distance myself, but I'm enchanted by his eyes and can't pull away.

"The sick part?" He smirks. "How many parts of me do I have Halcyon? Or do you wish to know that someday too?" He mocks me, I finally pull away.

"At least I still have my dignity!"

"What dignity do you have?" He tugs me back in violently and I almost smash into his chest. "Just because you don't kill does that make you so pure? Do you have your dignity because you keep your skeletons nice and tucked in your closet? You think you're so much better then I-"

"I never said that!" My eyes widen at his grip and I shake my head out panicked.

"That's what I'm hearing!" His tone drops. "Show me your sick side Halcyon, then talk about dignity." He lets me go. I pull away as my eyes start to sting.

The night was going to good, I just had to mess it up.