Part 33

I'm served breakfast then end up sitting in my room doing nothing, I don't understand why Tamir even wants me here if all I'm going to do is sit in one space and do nothing.

I decide to call Kate since it's around twelve now and she should be awake. "Hey." She picks up.

"Oh my gosh how was it!" She sounds more excited about it then I do.

"It was really good." For the most part anyways.

"He liked it? So does that mean he can roller skate?"

"He's more on the beginners level but yeah, he can."

"Okay miss professional." She laughs and I join her. "So did you guys..."

"Well-"

"Well?! Oh this has to be good!"

I chuckle moving to the windows and further away form Kent who's at the door. "Well we started off kissing and then he wanted to go down on me-"

"Did you let him?!" She interrupts me for her question.

"No!"

"Why not?!"

"No one's ever been..." my face starts to heat up, "I don't know...face to face with it.."

"I should hit you right now! What the hell?! You didn't let him eat you out because you didn't want him to see your pussy?"

"Why isn't that weird to you?"

"Why is that weird to you?!" I sigh at her question. "Girl, there is much more embarrassing things then letting a guy see your kitty."

"I don't know how I feel about that." She laughs. "Don't laugh!" I almost feel like I'm talking to Tamir again.

"Maybe if you show me, it'll make you feel better." She suggests.

"You think so?"

"Yeah, you've seen mine."

"That's because you asked me to wax spots you couldn't reach."

"It doesn't matter. It might work out for the best, you home?"

"No." I look back at Kent, his eyes find mine and I send him a quick smile, "I'm at his place." She gasps on the other side.

"So it's every weekend now?! Girl I thought you work Sundays?"

"I change my shifts."

"And you said you didn't want a man." I don't even know where to start with that one, I was dragged into this. "Well I have to go run a few errands for my boss, I'm taking you with me." I can hear her shuffling around. "Let me just get in my car then imma put you on speaker."

"Okay." I wait watching the outside as I do so.

"Okay so, you know that guy I kissed like four nights ago?" She starts.

"Yeah." I lean on the window a little.

"Girl, that dude my cousin!"

"What?!"

"Oh my gosh!" She sighs. "Okay hear me out, I kissed him before I even knew he was my cousin. I went to go visit my dad right? And we were talking and what not, I told him then showed him a picture of the guy. He was like "Girl, you out here kissing your cousins?!" I was like "What?!" and that's not even the worse part. Halcyon he just got out of jail!"

"What?!" My jaw drops. "What did he do?!"

"He's been locked up for ten years! My dad won't tell me what he did but apparently that's the reason I don't recognize him. Girl! How am I kissing my cousins?!"

"This is bad."

"I'm never showing up to a family reunion again. I'm so done with it." I laugh and she joins me. With that she continues the conversation and we end up talking for hours on end.

I still can't believe I haven't seen Tamir yet, usually he would drop in even if it's just for ten minutes. When I'm done I do ask Kent about his whereabouts and he doesn't have an answer for me. "I have orders to specifically not tell you what he's doing."

"Why?" I'm look up at him. "Is it that bad? Is he hurt? Is he going to get hurt?!" I stop myself, Kent's eyes tell me this is exactly why he can't tell me. "Oh." I step back. "Cause my concern for him is just so wrong-" the door opens and there he is.

"Kent." He doesn't even acknowledge my existence, but I acknowledge his. At least from here he doesn't look hurt.

Kent moves at his name and exists with Tamir once more. I step forward after them but the door shuts in my face. Did I do something wrong? Please don't tell me this is about yesterday.

I go back to sit on the start of my bed and watch the door from there. I watch our videos letting time pass by. Maybe it's just one of those days for him, the days that consist of him not wanting to see me.

Even though I could understand, it hurts to have to assume instead of getting a direct answer form him.

The door opens and Kent comes back in. "You like getting your nails done?" He stands in the doorway, I look down at my hands, my fingers are clean but my nails aren't that long.

"Occasionally." I answer.

"Make this one of this occasions, come." He nods me over.

"What about Tamir?" I stand. "I mean, is he held up again?"

"Put some shoes on." He doesn't answer me, I stop asking going to put on some white sneakers to go with the dress. We steps out and I start scanning, the halls still mirror each other. "This way," Kent guides me.

I follow him then look back again to see Tamir at the end of the corridor, he's still and watching me go. "Is he mad at me?" Kent doesn't have to look over his shoulder to see who I'm talking about.

"No clue." His hand on my back pushes me forward a little harder because I'm intentionally slowing down.

I watch Tamir's other hand come to view to see he's holding a glass, he lifts it to chug whatever was left in it that was brown exposing his wrist...wrapped wrist. He's hurt, hurt and drinking. Of course he would avoid me.

I turn back in the right direction, he's keeping his distance because he's intoxicated and injured. We turn the corner totally losing him.