A Broken Demon

Henry was everything to me.

He had the most amazing smile, always optimistic and the nicest person I've ever met. I could tell him how I felt honestly.

The whole world could fall apart and it wouldn't matter as long as I had Henry. Heck, I could fall apart and I wouldn't matter, because he could stay together for the both of us.

Oh, how wrong I was...

One day he packed up and left, not even bothering to tell me. He never came back.

I'm alone. So alone.

An inky tear trails down my cheek.

"What did I do wrong?" My voice cracks with sorrow.

I feel so hurt. Betrayed. Alone.

"No. Henry's the bitch." The strength in my own voice surprises me. "He left me."

Rage fills me. "He left me. He left me with Joey."

To be torched. To be abused.

I slam my head against the wall. "That bitch'll pay when he comes back."

But he's not going to. He's not going to come back.

The rage slowly dissipates and sorrow floods back into me. I feel like I'm breaking.

"No. N-no." I cry in agony. "Stop-stop it. You're fine."

I sink to the ground. "Why? Why are you like this? So hung up on one man?"

Burying my head in my hands, I cry.

.......

.......

.......

Click.

I know that sound. The sound of the door unlocking.

My head shoots up. A dull pain following close behind.

I rub my unseen eyes, and set off to see who decided to die today.

The floorboards creak eerily under foot as I slip into the wall. The inky cordors soon lead me to the person who broke in.

It's Henry.

Blinded by rage, I lunge at the man pinning him to the ground.

His eyes are filled with terror, inches from mine.

I grin. Good. He should be scared.

"Well, well, well, finally coming home?" My voice drips with fake sincerity.

The man squirms in my grip. "Aw. Not happy to see an old friend?"

He whimpers, closing his eyes. I tighten my claws on his wrists, grinning as they pierce the skin.

"C'mon now!" I tease. "Don't be shy~"

Henry twists one of his hands free and punches me. For a brief moment I lessen my grip and Henry slips away.

He makes a desperate run to the door and wrenches it open, dashing outside.

I ran after him, just on his tail.

Beams of moonlight dance across Henry as he dashes to the parking lot.

I slow to a saunter as I reach the car. It's clear the man has no idea what he's doing, panic written across his features.

The car is the only thing keeping me and Henry apart.

When I move Henry does the same thing, seeming determined to continue living.

I rip the car hood open, ripping out one of the important looking parts. "Whoops~"

The blood drains from Henry's face. "What happened to you?"

He whispers it but I catch every word. "What happened to me?"

"What happened to me?!" I growl. "Oh, fuck, I dunno. Maybe Joey?"

"Or. Hmm. Maybe being locked up in a studio alone. For. Over. 10. Years."

"I'm so sorry. I had no idea."

He didn't?

I frown, unsure how to feel. "Well. Shit. This is awkward..."

The man chuckles. "It's okay."

I watch as the man slips into the back seat of the car and grabs something. A moment later he comes back out a blanket in his arms.

"C'mon. I wanna show you something." He smiles.

I'm insanely confused right now. "Ya sure? I literally jus' tried to kill ya."

Henry grabs my hand pulling me along. "Positive."

A blush glows on my cheeks and Henry looks the same way I feel. Excited and flushed, while a little confused.

The damp grass swishes under the moon as Henry takes me around the back of the studio.

A rusty ladder is propped up against the crumbling brick wall. Henry grabs it and props it up against the wall.

Letting go of my hand he begins climbing upwards.

I watch from the ground as Henry pulls himself onto the roof. For a second I think he fell through the shingles, but then his head peeks over the gutter.

He grins in the moonlight. "Come on up!"

I grimace, starting the climb up the latter.

Soon I'm on the roof sitting next to Henry, the blanket hanging loosely from my shoulders.

The sky is amazing. Swirls of blue and specks of white hang over head like an expensive painting.

"Whoa."

Henry smiles. "This was my favorite part of working here. The night sky in the area is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen."

I smirk. "The second most beautiful thing I've ever seen, actually."

"What's the first?"

"You."

Henry's face glows a soft pink in the night air. "S-shut up."

I drape the blanket over Henry blinding him from the outside world. He pushes it off, his soft brown hair tousled.

He mocks offense. "How dare you."

I grin. "I dare so hard."

Henry smirks. "Well I dare right back."

In one fluid movement he pulls the blanket over the both of us.

Cupping my cheeks in his hands he pulls our faces together.

I love Henry.