Chapter 1- Shinobi

*Yume's POV*

"SA! SU! KE~!" I jumped up and down on his bed to wake my brother up. His head was repeatedly banging against the mattress and his hair was getting more and more messed up with each jump.

"What do you want, Yume?!" He groaned in annoyance then I crouched down and pinched his nose.

"Come on! We'll be late for the academy!" I said then jumped off his bed and left his room in a hurry now that I've made sure he's awake.

I went to the kitchen and quickly made breakfast for the two of us while Sasuke was getting dressed. I placed the two plates down on the table, and sat down to eat my food.

Sasuke came downstairs, dressed and ready, quicker than usual. He took a seat across the table from me, and started eating too.

It was quiet. Almost like every other day we have breakfast together. But something about these silent and dull mornings always brought a smile to my face. 

Once Sasuke was done with his breakfast, I picked our empty plates up and dumped them in the sink for future me to deal with later.

"Did you like the food?" I asked with a smile, then walked up to Sasuke from behind and started fixing his messy bed hair before we head out.

"It was good." He stated and gave me an approving nod, "You're getting better at this every single day"

I finger-brushed his hair and gave him a closed-eye smile, "Really~? Thank you!"

Sasuke got up and extended his hand out to me, "Come on, the academy starts soon."

I took his hand and stood up again. We both put on our shoes and headed to the academy together.

Sasuke was walking with his hands stuck in his pockets, while I had my hands behind my back.

"Ne, ne! Is there any particular dish you want me to make you for dinner today?" I asked giddily and Sasuke seemed to think about it.

"Hm.. Maybe, onigiri?" Sasuke asked, looking up at the clouds while we were walking.

"Again? Do you never get tired of them?"

"Do you never get tired of takoyaki?" 

I sighed, "That was a genuine question. And it's not like I eat takoyaki every day"

Sasuke just shrugged. And I just shook my head, "Okay, onigiri it is."

He smiled for a split second before his smile disappeared, "Oh, by the way, don't you want to- Yume?"
"Thank you!"

Sasuke was staring at me dead in the eyes as I came back to his side once again, but this time holding a little bag.

"What did you buy?" He asked, looking down at the tiny bag I was holding.

"Matching matching necklaces!"

He tilted his head, "Matching matching necklaces?"

"Matching necklaces matching our matching necklaces!"

He sweatdropped, "I had a stroke trying to understand that.."

I pulled the two necklaces out of the bag and showed them to my brother. They were two necklaces identical to the same two necklaces me and Sasuke wear.

"But, why did you get them?" He asked again.

"One for my daughter, and the other for yours" I smiled at him and he just sighed a little.

"We still haven't graduated the academy, yet you're already thinking of that..."

"But we might not find necklaces like these when my niece gets born!" I stated with a pout.