Chapter 11- Sadness And Sorrow

*Yume's POV*

"Aika... Hanako.. Yugito... If.. If their death wasn't in vain then.. Then why am I crying..? Why does it hurt so much..?! If they... If.."

"I dunno if Orochimaru isn't that cautious or I'm good" I sighed looking at my three scrolls filled with information about Orochimaru. Then I picked up the barely filled scroll that has info about the Akatsuki

"Maybe Orochimaru isn't cautious" I mumbled.

It has been almost a month since my mission started. 

Each day, I'd send Tsunade-sama the information I got via my crow, but I barely have anything about the Akatsuki though so I decided to get some info about them specifically since what I have is pretty pathetic considering I'm Konoha's best information-gathering jonin or whatever you call them.

But one day, out of the blue, and in the middle of my search, I was sent a crow with a letter, telling me to return to Konoha as soon as possible. And so I did.

The aura around the place was so dark and gloomy. No signs of liveliness anywhere except for children who are always carefree. Yeah... Someone has definitely died.

"Tsunade-sama, you've summoned me" I said as I walked into the Hokage's office but instead of Tsunade by herself, team 7, 8, 10, Guy's team, and my team were also there along with all the senseis.

"Has something happened?" I asked in deep confusion. What the hell was actually going on?

Tsunade-sama took in a deep breath to start talking, however, she was interrupted by Shikamaru right away.

"Tsunade-sama, let me do the talking" Shikamaru said then walked up to me, stood face to face

"Yume..."

"...Asuma passed away on a mission.."

"Mhm..Shikamaru, I told you that your stupid jokes aren't funny anymore. Just because I believed you once when we were just genin doesn't mean-" 

"Yume, this isn't a joke" Chouji spoke up in a low and cracking voice.

"Asuma-sensei really did..." Ino continued after that, only leaving me to be in a state of shock and disbelief.

"You..." I mumbled as my eyes went wide then turned to Tsunade-sama, "Did Asuma really die..?" 

"This is what he wanted to say to you before he died, but you weren't there so he asked us to relay it to you" Shikamaru said as he handed me a piece of paper

          Yume, you're an amazing shinobi, and a shinobi who has and will save many lives. I am very proud that I was called your teacher while I was alive. Protect and value your comrades, and I do know that you still feel responsible for the death of your genin, but Aika, Yugito, and Hanako really look up to you, so don't you let them down. 

I immediately fell on my knees. I did not make a single sound. I didn't know what was going on, my head couldn't process it one bit. But I knew one thing for sure.

And that is that my eyes were pouring down a waterfall on their own...

...Or should I say they were bleeding again?