A new sensei

After a few hours of calm travel (as calm as it can be with Naruto shouting all the time), they finally arrived at Konoha.

After giving their report, which was mostly Naruto yelling about how badass he had been, and Sasuke hnn-ing now and then, Sakura made her way to her house.

"Tadaima!"She called as she entered, pulling of her shoes and putting them neatly in the cupboard.

"I'm going to my room!"

"Ok honey!" came the reply "But you better tell me about your mission during dinner, I want to know everything that happened!"

"Ok mom!"

Her room was exactly as she remebered, pink walls, pink bed, big white desk, and a few cat posters.

Sakura couldn't help but ask herself what Kaito would have thought of her room.
If he had come would he have lived in her house or would the Hokage give him an appartement like he had Naruto?
Whould her parents have been ok with adopting him?

But I can't know now, can I? He's dead.

(Yellow eyes laughing at her. Blood driping on the floor. The stench of Saké filling the air.)

Sakura shook her head and undressed before going into the shower, hot water burning her skin.

She had to train.
She would not let anybody die on her again.
But, for that, she needed a plan. What should she do? What should she train in, specialise in?

Hmm, ninjutsu, taijutsu, genjutsu, kenjutsu, and iryo-ninjutsu. She listed, Yeah.. I think that's about it..

Now, what should I chose? I have good chakra control, so genjutsu and iryo-ninjutsu seems like a good start... I suck at taijutsu so... not that?

She sighed. Genjutsu and iryo-ninjutsu suited her the most but...

But...What about close range combat? She thought, genjustu users aren't good at that, and the only medic-nin that specialises in combat is Tsunade-hime, and she's not in the village anymore...

I can't protect people if I can't fight!

She shook her head,
I can't protect people if I can't even protect myself!

Sakura pinched the bridge of her nose. No, she couldn't afford to be weak anymore.

She remebered Kaito's limp body in her arms, the blood flowing from his head, her trembling hands holding the bandages, unable to do anything...

Medic training it is.
Offensive training can come later.

:::::

"What did you say?!" Staring in disbelief at the small girl in front of her, Nanami didn't know what to think.

She had been running around the hospital, because Kami why couldn't ninja not hurt themselves all the time. When finally, she had enough time to go get her morining coffee, she bumped into this midget.

"Can you please teach me medical ninjutsu." The pink haired brat repeated, not at all bothered by her menacing glare.
Nanami had to admit, the girl had guts.

"And why should I do that, huh?"

A dark look crossed the kid's face.

Oh, so she was one of those ones.

"Because I don't want my friends to die while I stand helpless."

Bingo!

"You misunderstand" Nanami replies, "Why should I do that? What's in it for me?"

That shut the girl up. The head of the hospital sighed and stood up, ready to leave.
It was unfortunate, the brat had showed some promise...

"I'll do whatever you want."

Nanami stopped in her tracks, her lips stretching into an animalistic grin.

"Ok. Come tomorrow at 5. We start your training."

The small girl bowed and Nanami's smile stretched even further, this was going to be fun!