CHAPTER 32

Hi!!

Thank you to all the people who helped to erase the doubt of taking this book down from my mind. Thank you for the support you guys showered this book with. So I will be continuing with the book.

I hope you guys will continue to shower your love on the book by voting and commenting on the chapters so that I get to know about what you feel about the book.

Thank you once again!!

Happy Reading:-)

●●●●●

Meera- actually I am here to invite Nandini and Aadhya to our engagement party.

Nandini(to herself)- engagement....

Nandini felt a throbbing pain in her head. Here, she wanted to tell Manik about her decision, she was ready to give him a second chance, she was ready to give them a second chance. And there, he was planning his engagement. Had he started loving Meera? Did her presence made no difference to him? These questions started clouding her mind and she started walking aimlessly. After taking a few steps, she felt someone hugging her. She looked down at her little princess smiling at her. She smiled back but her smile lacked the brightness. This smile was indeed a painful one, the one to conceal her emotions in the deepest corner of her heart.

Meera- Manik, let's go to my place. We have to prepare a dance for the engagement. Everyone is just so excited back at home. So let's go.

Manik winked at Aadhya and she figured out that it was her cue to go and stop him. She went running towards Manik.

Aadhya- I also want to dance dad.

She said in a cheerful tone and Manik immediately agreed,

Manik- ok princess, Meera let's practice here only.

Meera nodded slightly with a soft smile. All of them moved towards the living room except Nandini, who was still rooted at her place, looking lost. Manik gestured Aadhya to bring Nandini as well. Aadhya went and clutched Nandini's hand and dragged her to the room despite of her protests.

Meera put on a romantic song. Manik and Meera both stood in front of each other. He asked for her hand and she kept her hand in his. She kept her other hand on his shoulder and he kept her hand on her waist. Both of them swayed to the beat.

Nandini was trying her best to ignore looking at them but her poor heart was not letting her move her eyes away from them. Nandini was not able to bear the sight in front of her. Truly, she was a strong woman, but looking at the love of your life with someone else took away all her strength. She didn't know for how long she could keep herself together, for how long she could keep that fake smile on her face. She just wanted to scream and ask him that how could he move on so easily? Was his love so weak? Can't he feel her pain? She tightly shut her eyes to get away from all this. She had promised herself that she will not let him break her again. But it seemed like the she was no longer in her control. No one in that room could listen to the voice of shattering of her heart. She was craving to hear him say that he still loved her. She was breaking, bit by bit. She opened her eyes and stood from there to leave.

Just then Aadhya stopped the music and smiled mischievously.

Manik- what happened princess?

Manik frowned as he had never told Aadhya to do anything of this sort. Aadhya blinked her eyes in assurance and said,

Aadhya- dad you both are not dancing properly. Wait!

She held Nandini's hand and brought her towards Manik. She kept her hand in his hand.

Aadhya- now you both dance and Meera aunty you should watch and learn because my mom is the best dancer ever!

Manik(to himself)- wow! My princess is just so smart, like me.

Nandini looked at Manik with pain visible in her eyes. His heart pinched at this sight. He slowly kept his hand on her waist and pulled her closer to him due to which Nandini's hand landed on his chest.

Meera smiled looking them together and played the song,

Teri laag aisi laagi
Rain saari saari jaagi
Teri laag kaisi maahiya

Tune hi ki manmaani
Ek bhi na meri maani
Aise kyun sataaya maahiya

Kaise tujhko ye bataaye
Ke hum jee nahi paaye

Kaise tujhko ye bataaye
Haan hum jee nahi paaye
Jaan leti thi teri meri dooriyaan

Main teri ho gaiyaan, haan

[A/N: It's the last paragraph of the song teri hogaiyaan from the web series, broken but beautiful 2]

The lyrics depicted the state of Nandini's heart. She remembered that how Manik had ignored all her pleas and had thrown her out of his life. She was reminded that how the distance between them, broke her everyday, that how difficult these six years were for her. But still, she was his Nandini and that is why her heart won the battle from her mind and had agreed to give him a chance to end her insecurities.

They moved along with the beat. He held her one hand and twirled her, without breaking their eye lock. Their eyes spoke a language of their own. He lifted her and joined their foreheads.

Nandini(broken voice)- will you really get engaged?

A lone drop of tear made its way down Nandini's cheek. Manik wiped it from his thumb and slowly caressed her cheeks. She closed her eyes to feel his proximity. This closeness looked like a dream to her now. A beautiful dream which she never wanted to get up from.

Manik- do you want me to get engaged?

Nandini's eyes shot open. She wanted to scream her heart out and tell him that no she can't see him with any other woman, but no words came out of her mouth.

The song ended and Aadhya clapped breaking the eye lock of Manik and Nandini. Manik smiled looking at his princess.

Aadhya- wow! You both look perfect together!

Nandini noticed that Meera had already left from there. She too went to her room without saying anything.

At night, Manik helped Aadhya to gather all her toys and then settle down in bed. He went to Nandini's room but found her missing from there. He was going to the study to check if she had once again slept there but, while passing by the hall, he spotted a woman sitting on the swing in the garden. He recognised her as his angel and went to her.

Nandini(without looking at him)- why are you here Manik?

The fact that she still could feel his presence made him smile.

Manik- to spend time with my wife

Nandini- I think you mean ex-wife, just to remind you, we are divorced. You are my daughter's father but not my husband. In fact, you are getting engaged to Meera.

●●●●●●

Hey!

How was the update?

Manik and Nandini are in the garden without anyone to disturb them, I think it's time for SOME SERIOUS TALKS! Excited?

Let's see where the destiny takes the story of these two...

DON'T FORGET TO HIT THE STAR BUTTON AND LEAVE YOUR PRECIOUS COMMENTS!

Next update only after I get a satisfactory number of votes and comments on this chapter:-)

Thank you