CHAPTER 22

Nandini- what was Ms. Mehta saying?

Manik- nothing that you should worry about, its personal.

Now the little patience that was left with her was too finished listening to his rude reply. She yelled,

Nandini- I heard my name so I asked, and how can you even talk to me like that for a girl you just met. Because of her you called me Ms. Murthy instead of Nandini, why Manik? Is all this so easy for you?

Manik- what do you want me to do? You only wanted me to call you Ms. Murthy so I did. And you only declared that we can't get back together so why is it bothering you to see me move on?

Nandini- MOVE ON! Oh really. Do you think I am blind? Is this the way you move on? For god's sake just stop with this, if that car wouldn't have honked then we would have kis

She stopped abruptly realizing what she was about to utter in her anger. Manik smiled and then put up a poker face,

Manik- Well, at least I am trying to move on but why is this affecting you?

Manik asked with a slight glitter in his eyes and a hope in his heart to hear the words he was craving for.

Nandini- I don't care. You can go and do whatever you want, go meet her, or even better go and marry her tomorrow. And get this straight, I DON'T CARE

Manik(calmly)- your words and your actions are not matching.

Nandini turned to face the other side to avoid him from looking at her face as she knew one glance and he would clearly notice the envy manifested on her face.

Manik silently drove for rest of the way. They reached home in another half an hour. Nandini stepped out of the car and banged the door.

Manik came inside after parking his car. He hugged Aadhya who was sitting having her dinner with Sanya on the table. Sanya greeted Manik and stoop up to leave the place.

Nandini came out of her room after freshening up. She thanked Sanya with a genuine smile and offered her to take a half day the next day. Manik smiled looking at her caring nature and his eyes shone with pride.

Nandini came towards the dining table and settled beside Aadhya.

Nandini- how was my Aadu's day?

She asked lightly caressing her hair.

Aadhya- Amazing. I had lots of fun. Sanya di also bought ice cream for me and we played my favourite games together.

Nandini smiled hearing her excited talks.

Aadhya- Mom, Shivika has invited me for a night stay at her house tomorrow as it's her birthday. Can I please go?

Before Nandini could have answered, Manik's panic-stricken voice echoed in the room,

Manik- what? Who is Shivika? And no, you aren't going anywhere without your mom or me.

Nandini shook her head at his over protective behaviour. The incident made an old memory cross her mind that automatically brought a subtle smile on her face.

Nandini- It's final, I am leaving for Bangalore tomorrow. I am grown up enough to take care of myself.

Manik gave her a sarcastic smile.

Manik- yes of course, I just saw you tripping because of not noticing my shoes kept there right before you as you were busy staring at your phone's screen. Nandini, trust me when I say, you are way too clumsy to take care of yourself and that's why you aren't going anywhere.

Nandini- but it's an amazing opportunity. Interning at the global brand will make me more experienced. Please Manik.

She made a puppy face to melt him but this time, he remained adamant.

Manik- Experience is all that you want right?

Nandini nodded her head.

Manik- okay then you can intern at Malhotra enterprises from tomorrow, the letter will be maile

He was interrupted by Nandini's cribbing,

Nandini- Manik I want to do this on my own. I have earned this internship whereas I will be bagging the internship at Malhotra enterprises due to your influence and you clearly know that I don't want that. No need to argue about this as we have already discussed this before. Please let me go, it's just a matter of a week.

Manik- A WEEK MEANS SEVEN DAYS NANDINI, ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY EIGHT HOURS. No no no, you can't go.

Nandini- Manik please na

Manik- okay then there's only one option, I will be accompanying you.

Nandini- WHAT?! NO, bad idea. You can't leave your work for me.

Manik- Don't worry. I'll work for extra hours in the coming days and the rest I'll handle from there.

Being exhausted, Nandini just hugged him knowing that there was no point arguing. He hugged her back and smiled,

Nandini came out of her reverie when she heard Aadhya pleading to Manik with puppy eyes.

Aadhya- Shivika is my best friend Dad and I can't miss her birthday.

Manik- okay then attend the birthday party and I will pick you after that. No need to stay back all night.

Aadhya- please dad!

Nandini intervened in the unending argument,

Nandini-STOP

Manik and Aadhya immediately put a finger on their lips hearing Nandini's scream.

Nandini- enough of you both. Listen to me carefully as I won't be repeating anything. (looking towards Aadhya) You can do the night stay, I will talk to Swati aunty(Shivika's mom) about that tomorrow morning.

Aadhya smiled. Manik was about to say something when his mouth was shut by Nandini's glare.

Nandini(glaring at Manik)- And what's with you behaving like a two- year old? No need to worry. I know Shivika's parents personally. They will take care of Aadu.

Manik nodded his head knowing that Nandini would never have agreed to send Aadhya if it wasn't safe.

Later, Nandini and Manik too had dinner listening to Aadhya's talks and then all three of them descended to their rooms.

Manik settled on the bed after creating the wall of pillows.

Manik(to himself)- I just can't wait to break this Great Wall of Pillows.

Nandini came from the washroom changing and silently lied on her side of the bed. She switched off the side lamp and heard Manik murmuring a good night to her. She closed her eyes and soon slipped into darkness. Manik too slept.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Hey!

Here's the next update. Hope you liked it.

DON'T FORGET TO HIT THE STAR BUTTON AND LEAVE YOUR PRECIOUS COMMENTS!

The next chapter will be out soon. Till then, stay tuned!

Thank you,

Best Wishes!

Inaayat