CHAPTER 36

Sanya- Good Morning ma'am, I have gotten the spare cabin arranged for you. From now onwards, whenever we are required to work from Malhotra enterprises, you can use it.

Nandini- thank you Sanya, come, let's go.

Sanya- sure

They both headed towards the cabin. Nandini entered the cabin and was stunned to see that the interiors were entirely as per her taste.

Nandini- Sanya did you get the interiors changed too?

Sanya- no ma'am. Manik sir had got them changed before handing over the cabin to me. In fact, that portrait of Aadhya and you was also placed by Manik sir only.

Nandini looked at the portrait hanging on the royal maroon coloured wall. The photograph was clicked on Aadhya's last birthday. She smiled softly reminiscing their sweet memories.

Sanya- Although all photos are very special as they have memories attached to them but Manik sir has chosen one of the sweetest one.

Nandini- hmm, it's beautiful but not complete.

Nandini sucked in a deep breath.

Nandini- leave all that, I wanted to ask you about Aadu's this month's school fees. How come only half of it has been deducted from my account?

Sanya- ma'am actually

Sanya fiddled her fingers in nervousness.

Nandini- Sanya what's wrong?

Sanya- Ma'am Manik sir had asked me to transfer half of the amount as he wanted to transfer the rest. Ma'am its not his fault, he just wanted to fulfill his responsibilities as a father. Aur chaahe toh woh pura amount bhi pay kar sakte the, but he knows that you wouldn't have liked it. He is Aadhya's father and you are her mother, that's why you both should divide the responsibilities and that's what he did. Ma'am I am noone to speak in your private matter but..

Nandini- did he say all this?

Sanya- yes ma'am

A subtle smile made it's way to Nandini's lips on realizing that Manik was actually trying hard to become a good father.

Sanya- I hope you understand ma'am

Nandini- Yes it's alright. Please plug in the pendrive of today's presentation, just want a quick check on it.

Sanya- Sure, just a minute.

Nandini settled on her desk and Sanya displayed the presentation.

Nandini- I think we are good to go.

Sanya- yes ma'am, everything has been checked. And it's time too so let us head to the conference room.

Nandini slightly nodded at her and got up from her chair.

Nandini- Sanya you take this pendrive and go, I'll be there in a minute.

Sanya nodded and left for the conference room in the very next second.

Nandini went and stood before the portrait placed on the wall. Her eyes sparkled looking at their faces glowing with happiness in the photograph. But a bitter memory crossed her mind. Noone knew that minutes before this picture was clicked, Nandini had cried feeling the hollowness that Manik had left in their lives. Nandini had always been a strong women, but unfortunately or fortunately, couldn't become an emotionless one. Since the birth of Aadhya, she had struggled hard to play the roles of both mother and father in the life of her daughter, but as it has been made, mother and father have specific roles and it's hard to interchange them. No matter how hard she tried, deep within her heart she knew that she wasn't able to fill that void in Aadhya's life in true sense. But now, she was relieved. Her heart felt immense happiness whenever she looked at Aadhya finally getting all the love that she deserved, the love of a mother as well as a father. The efforts that Manik made to bring that beaming smile on the lips of their daughter made her happy beyond limits as that's what she had always prayed for, happiness and love for her lifeline, her Aadhya.