38

"It's only been 2 hours since I stepped in this motherfucka? What the hell? Somebody take me out my misery."

Malik glanced away from being engrossed in his cellphone for a second, his thick bushy eyebrows furrowed in confusion at DJ's random outburst. "Duh, nigga that's what happens when you ain't doing shit. You need to get to work ain't that what they paying your ass for?" Malik offered as an explanation while scratching his goatee.

DJ shot Malik an annoyed glare, "Nigga are we in the same store? What the fuck is there to do? Ain't nobody even in here." DJ huffed out as she gestured around the store from behind the stainless steel counter. Usually, Footlocker is packed with customers coming in and out, but due to it being the first Monday of January. The lively store is practically empty, with a scarce amount of people entering.

DJ was only associate present at the moment because her other co-worker was on her never ending lunch break and their manager Ms. Donna out back counting the inventory. It wasn't often that DJ had such peace without her manager bitching about insignificant shit and her coworker running her fucking mouth with every customer she made contact with. But DJ couldn't be alone because Malik had came by to get a custom made grill at store across the way. Despite, Malik being one of her homies they tend to be at each other's throat and clash due to how blunt they both are. There was more times than DJ could count where she wanted to bust him in his shit, but it's all in love in the end.

Malik surveyed the his surroundings slowly until his eyes landed on a group of what looked like teenagers on the far left corner near the sneakers display. "Would you look at that? There's some people that need help go holla at them. I'm sick of feeling your hot ass breath on side of my face like deadass." Malik added with as an afterthought waving his hand and shoving his cellphone in his pocket with a careless shrug.

DJ narrowed her eyes on Malik, "Fuck you, just for that I'll keep huffing and puffing until your ass catch on fire. Since when did you become my manager? I'm not assisting nobody, if they need something that bad. They know where the hell the counter is." She grumbled moodily as she slumped over the counter and to irritate Malik further she released a long drawn out sigh.

Malik faced DJ and ran a hand through his neatly done braids."If I had known you were going to be in such a pissy mood. I would've stayed my ass at the crib and played 2k. I bet my last $20 that it's about Honey as usual. Shit, if you keep this up let me know now so I can avoid you."

DJ pursed her lips and crossed her arms challengingly. "Man, stop flexing, you gone be at my crib before I even I get off work waiting by the door and shit. You might as well move in with how much you be over there." She smoothly deflected with a smug look on her face.

Truth was, Malik was right, but DJ didn't feel like sharing how shitty things went with Honey earlier today. She just knew Malik would rub in her face and tell her he told her so. Malik could never ease the bandage off the wound, if anything he would rub salt into it instead and wouldn't give a damn. Malik felt like DJ shouldn't have even went after a girl like Honey to begin with. Malik swore that eventually DJ would push her away just like everyone else which is why he suggested DJ should move on with her life and enjoy being single. According to Malik, there was plenty of available bitches right under DJ's nose that she could entertain instead of "settling."

However, what Malik didn't understand was that DJ didn't want to do that. She always gave up and walked away when shit got too complicated with any girl especially when it had something to do with the way DJ be acting. DJ was starting to realize that she was gone have to fight for what she want or rather who she want. It's easier said than done though, DJ been fighting against her instincts to give up all fucking day. She wanted to be done with all this bullshit so bad, but even then she's still miserable when she's trying to work things out or when she doesn't. So she really can't win for losing. She haven't figured out what she gone do about it either.