17

It's been a couple of hours since Honey last talked to her sister

It's been a couple of hours since Honey last talked to her sister. However, she still felt sadness lingering around inside of her. Honey should be jumping for joy since she no longer have to deal with him. But all she could focus on is the fact that her sister knows. She hated that she knew her darkest most shameful secret. What if she tells their mother and father? What if she looks at her differently? What if she tells someone else? How could she keep this from her for months?

Honey's thoughts were running a mile a minute. She was very worried. She didn't know what her sister's plans were. Honey rubbed her temples in exasperation. She wished she could give her mind a break, these constant upsetting thoughts had her in the worst mood.

She laid on her back in her bed in an oversized T-shirt. 90's R&B jams played lowly in the background. Honey didn't the energy to do anything else. She had tried doing homework but had barely gotten anything accomplished. She sighed deeply, she needed to relax. All of this stress can't be good for her.

She crossed her arms behind her head and gently closed her eyes. "At your best, you are love..you're a positive motivating force within my life..do you ever feel the need to wonder why..?" She sang Aaliyah's At Your Best (You are Love).

She let the lyrics resonate in her mind. Aaliyah's soothing voice calmed her down. She felt a little bit better, possibly because she was listening to her favorite singer from the 90's and early 2000's. Honey's goal was to get herself into a serene mood. She's been stressing far too much.

Suddenly, her IPhone started vibrating on her nightstand. She cracked an eye open and leaned forward until she was within reach. She grabbed it and answered without looking at the caller I.D. "Hello?"

"Hey Honey.." DJ greeted her on the other end, her voice sounded sexy as always.

Honey felt butterflies in her stomach. You would think after being on the phone with her almost every night that I would be used to this, but I guess not. "Hey.." She trailed off, her voice soft.

"What have you been doing?" DJ wondered, her tone curious. Honey's mind flashed with what she's been doing and she mumbled. "Nothing really. I've been laying down listening to music. I had finished catching up on homework not too long ago,"

"Oh sounds like a vibe.. I just got off work. It felt like the longest six hours," She sighed dramatically.

"Where you work at?" Honey asked, they never discussed her having a job. If they did she couldn't remember it.

"I work at the Footlocker in the local mall two days out the week," She told her after she shuffled around a bit in the background.

"Ahhh. That's wassup," Honey muttered quietly. She lied on her bed again, staring up at the ceiling.