11

Honey propped her wounded leg on throw pillow, keeping it elevated while she laid back on the plush surface of her bed

Honey propped her wounded leg on throw pillow, keeping it elevated while she laid back on the plush surface of her bed. The flat screen played Living Single lowly in the background, but Honey paid it no mind as she texted away on her phone, waiting on her best friend's arrival.

For the last few days, Honey was on bed rest as she recovered from her injury. She lied to her mom and told her she tripped over a fallen tree branch on the wall home from school. Honey couldn't be too sure about whether her mother completely believed her or not especially after taking note of how severe her wound was.

What she knew without a doubt was that her bestfriend wouldn't believe her lousy lie. Cyn was too smart for her own good..plus she was the only person Honey trusted enough to divulge this sort of information. It was decided that she would come clean about what happened and how she should go on from here.

Terrell was probably still on the hunt for her..it made her extremely uneasy about going out and being alone. She just wished he would get arrested again..his disappearance always brought her a peace of mind.

Honey cleared her mind of those thoughts, tossing her phone next to her and leaned forward, tugging back her gauze at she examined the state her wound was in. It was a shallow graze from Terrell's bullets, tinged with reddish bruise around the edges. Well, at least that's progress.

"Knock Knock!" Cyn exclaimed from the doorway, entering Honey's room with a get well soon gift basket. From what she would see it consisted of a teddy bear, a single roses and various chocolates she loved.

"Omg! You shouldn't have! I love you so much." Honey beamed, opening her arms to accept the basket. Instead of shuffling through the items, she threw her arms around her bestfriend and engulfed her into a tight hug. "That was so sweet. This is going to sound corny, but this was the highlight of my day."

Cyn laughed, her brown eyes twinkled in delight as she drew back from the hug. "I know you were feeling like shit so I wanted to get you a gift while you get better." She flipped her freshly dyed violet hair over her shoulder. Honey took a second to appreciate her bestfriend's sense of style. The oversized shirt with fishnet stockings were cute.

"Thank you so much. You look totally cute by the way." Honey complimented her, ruffling through her gift and unraveling a chocolate. "Don't be shocked if you catch me coming out your closet in that exact same outfit."

Cyn plopped on Honey's bed, grinning widely. "Why thank you my love. Girl, you know what's mine is yours. Knock yourself out cause lord knows there's not enough days in the year for me to wear all the clothes in my closet."

"Now, you shouldn't have said that cause I'm really going to be over your house to go shopping."

Honey's attention was soon captured by Cyn's gifts. This is so cute. Honey thought as she picked up the teddy bear, trailing her fingertips over the white fur. Honey had loved stuffed animals ever since she was a child. At her big age, she had a growing collection of them on top of her dresser. No matter how old she get..the stuffed animals wasn't going anywhere.