6

Honey swallowed hard, stiffly making eye contact with her bestfriend while simutaneouly keeping the car in her line of sight

Honey swallowed hard, stiffly making eye contact with her bestfriend while simutaneouly keeping the car in her line of sight. A shiver ran down her spine, rubbing the goosebumps that erupted over her arms. Honey tried to calm herself down before she assumed the worst. That could be anyone. I'm fine. We're fine. She mentally reassured herself.

Cyn broke eye contact to look over at the idle car, scanning over the model of the car with confusion. Her eyes strayed back to Honey, searching her face. She nibbled on the corner of her nail anxiously. "That's not your dad is it?" She asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

"No, it's not Cyn." Honey confirmed their greatest fear, glancing at the car from the corner of her eye. "I don't know who that is. Even the model of the car is unfamiliar to me. Neither of us told anyone our location so how did they know we were here.." Honey trailed off, frowning.

Cyn hugged herself, chewing her lower lip. She seemed as if she was in deep thought when her expression displayed determination. "It's settled. Let's go see who it is."

"Girl, this is not the time to lose our sanity!" Honey practically yelled, staring at Cyn like she grew three heads. "Cause you're crazy. We don't know who that is or what they got going on! Think about it, if they were normal.. why the hell are they just sitting there. It's so suspect." Honey was not about to risk her neck because her bestfriend was curious. They could've lost their life and Cyn was trying it for a second time?

Cyn pinched the bridge of her nose. "We already been through a lot tonight sis. I can't relax when I know there's some strange car sitting here.."

"I can't relax if they roll down the window and smoke us right here right now. Girl, you being real fucking dumb." Honey retorted, crossing her arms over her chest.

Cyn tilted her head, narrowing her eyes into slits. "Hey, now don't be calling me dumb. I would hate to rock your shit."

Honey's mouth twitched as she withheld the urge to laugh. "Girl bye, try that with someone else. You wouldn't touch a hair on my head." She countered, matter-a-factly.

Cyn dissolved into laughter, her mock serious facade slipping away. "You're right. I could never hurt my day one." She gushed as she pinched Honey's cheeks. "And that's on period pooh."

Honey's lips curled into a smile as she opened her mouth to respond, a voice could be heard in the distance.

"HONEY? CYN?"

Honey redirected her attention to the figure, surprised to see the last person she expected.

"Bitch, I know you're fucking lying. At this point, let me go get comfortable on the curb like we was doing earlier."