39

Honey could confidently say with her whole chest that she's seen better days. To put it nicely, Honey looked like she could fit right in at the homeless shelter or under a bridge begging for money. She was running on roughly five hours of sleep and didn't have the time nor energy to look presentable. She already had to quietly sneak into her house during the early hours of the morning narrowly avoiding her cousin Nadia, who came in before Honey did. She  didn't want to push her luck by not attending school as well. She didn't have time for a lecture from her parents or worse to get put on punishment.

Honey was sore and tired, she was practically a zombie walking down the halls of her school. Honey ruffled her messy unkempt curls, wincing slightly at the tenderness. Ouch. She was much more rougher than usual. She shuffled through the miscellaneous items located on the shelves of her locker. "Where is my change of clothes for gym class—Oh there it is!" Honey clicked her tongue and stuffed her bedazzled backpack inside her cramped locker, separating her gym class clothes off to the side.

Honey examined her dark circles and puffy eyes in the small mirror that hung on locker with a sigh. She lathered a heavy coat of lip gloss on her plump lips and mascara on her lashes to make herself look more alive. She patted concealer under her eyes and lightly touched up her neck as well. She further covered the numerous hickeys that decorated the tender skin of her throat. She knew that if she didn't she would bring too much unnecessary attention to herself. She wasn't in the mood to deal with stares or questions from her peers.

"Honey? Girl are you okay? You looking rough sis."

Clearly, I didn't do the good job I thought I did. Honey slammed her locker closed and cradled a few of her textbooks in the crook of her fleece clad arm. She pushed the stray curls of her messy behind her ears with a faint smile. "Hey babe. I'm just tired that's all." A yawn tore through her throat as she stretched, pressing a hand to her lower back. She flinched as her hands unintentionally applied pressure to the scratches she didn't know she even had. She really did a number on me last night, ugh.

Cyn pouted and pinched Honey's pale cheeks, the bulky silver bracelets on her arm moved nosily at the movement. "Aw, why are you so tired boo? OH—How could I forget? You talked to DJ last night didn't you? BITCHH I just know you got into that ass! Spill!" She gushed excitedly, her brown eyes wide with interest.

Honey chewed on her lower lip as she wracked her brain for excuses. "You sure you want me to tell you right now? I think class starts soon.." She trailed off as she checked her wrist for time, even though she knew they had at least 15 minutes before their first period started.

Cyn shook her head, making her freshly dyed dark purple hair bounce. She waved Honey off, "I'm willing to get a tardy pass for this. Yesterday, you came to me with literal steam coming out your ears, that's how mad you were. It's not everyday, my baby gotta step to a hoe that did her wrong you know? Usually, I would let you do you, but today a bitch gotta know the details play by play."

As soon as Honey's eyes landed on DJ as she stood there in nothing but a towel ready to invite Honey into her apartment, all her anger fizzled out. Honey wished she could've kept that energy last night, but she was too busy sitting on DJ' face to even remember why she was so upset.

Honey avoided eye contact, staring intently at the torn edges of her textbook. She traced her fingers on the hardcover corners, stalling as long as she could. "Unfortunately, there's not much to say. I confronted her and ended it for good..that's all." Honey told her, nonchalantly as she pressed the textbook to her chest. Technically, it's not a lie.. Honey did confront her and ended things between them. Right after I did that, I dropped my panties like everything was okay. No wonder DJ can't take me serious. Which one is it Honey? Honey didn't even mean to send mixed signals. She just didn't understand why DJ had so much affect on her and it was so hard for her to resist DJ's advances.