14

"Look over there! The one with the nose ring and tattoo sleeve on his right arm

"Look over there! The one with the nose ring and tattoo sleeve on his right arm. You can't miss him." Angel discreetly pointed in the opposite direction. Honey followed her finger and took notice of the familiar brown skin male on his phone.

"I met him earlier. His name is Case. How long have you and him been talking?" Honey questioned with a hint of shock in her voice, pivoting around to face Angel.

As long as she's known Angel...she had never became acquainted with the opposite sex and only focused on her schoolwork. Her friend was strict with never allowing anything to come in between her future as a software engineer. At one point, she even vowed to wait until her career started to find a man.

"Not long, we're taking it slow. Thats why, I've been hanging around his friends so much. Only, you and Cyn know. I would tell you not to say anything, but I know ya'll won't." Angel played with the hem of her shirt, stealing glances at Case with a shy smile.

"Awww, how cute! I won't tell anyone your business of course." Honey reassured Angel, her voice laced with absolute sincerity. If it was one thing Honey had always applauded herself on. It was her ability of never discussing anyone's business that was close to her with others. She thought it was a violation of trust to go around airing out something personal she was told in confidence.

"Girl, you don't have to tell me. I already know your lips will remain sealed."

Honey and Angel was seated on the sofa in DJ's living room, waiting for everyone to get situated. The girls had been dropped off by Royce a little over 30 minutes ago. Although, Honey invited him as well..he couldn't make it due to his work schedule. Instead of inviting the twins, the girls decided to go solo.

There were about eight of them in total so it didn't resemble a party like she had suspected. Outside of the girls, only Tasha, DJ, Malik were here. In addition to two other guys she hadn't met until tonight named Rudy and Case.

She glanced around the living room, tapping her nails against her nails as she observed her surroundings in an attempt to find something to do. The interior of the living room was decorated in a neutral color scheme. However, the entire place envisioned what Honey imagined a bachelor's pad to look like. The 70 inch television mounted on the wall with several gaming systems underneath, the pool table positioned where the dining room table should be. Even a stereo system was set up and Honey concluded that if DJ would've never told her she was staying with her brother. She would've figured it out on her own.

"Does Case go to our school?" Honey inquired, breaking the comfortable silence they were in. "I don't think I've seen him before."