Chapter 14

According to the chinese customs, a newly wedding couple need to visit the lady side family after a few days. So Xu Ling Ai is going to do it today.

Gu Mama has been reminding her to visit her so-called parents manor. Xu Ling Ai don't know how to explain to Gu Mama about their relationship so she decided to visit them.

Since she needed to visit the manor by any means, she might as well bring some of her mother's things.

"Have you tell His Highness?" Gu Mama ask while preparing some gifts for Xu Ling Ai family.

Xu Ling Ai planned to go the Xu Manor empty handed but Gu Mama insisted to bring some consolation.

"His Highness is very busy so I don't want to bother him." Xu Ling Ai responded normally as if they are not bickering. They still haven't talk and look to each other.

"But it is very important for a bride to go back to her maiden house with her husband. This old woman don't want you to lose face." Gu Mama hesitantly said. She is old enough to know whether the couple is in a good relationship or not.

"Don't worry Gu Mama. My family won't mind about it." She told Gu Mama to feel at ease because Xu Manor won't even care about her well being.

"If Princess Consort said like that, then this old woman have no objection." Finish preparing the gifts, Gu Mama ask for a man servant help to put it on the carriage.

Her trip to Xu Manor were sullen. Xu Ling Ai don't want to meet them again. The family who treat the real Xu Ling Ai like she was some ghost.

From afar, she saw the Xu Manor banner but no one was outside. Other family would be waiting outside for their daughter to come home but obviously they don't care about Xu Ling Ai.

"Miss you can't get in because the side way is being constructed." A guard stand in her carriage way.

Xu Ling Ai was supposed to get in the side door with the carriage so she don't have to bring the heavy gifts with her own hand. Seems like Xu Family had plan this.

"Okay then." Xu Ling Ai get off the carriage. And carry down the gifts on her own. Her back waist feel make a cracked sound but she ignored it.

'What did Gu Mama pack for them? So heavy!' Fortunately the horse rider also help her or she wouldn't be able to held it in.

While her neighbour and the passed by strangers stare at her, they talked about how pity of her. Get home without husband and no family to celebrate her.

All of a sudden, the front door of the manor open widely. The culprits came out together. Second Madam, Concubine Mao, Xu Jia Wen and Xu Li Mei comes out.

Xu Ling Ai greet them with a fake smile. She need to pretend or she might not be able to get inside.

"Why are you here?" Second Madam arrogantly asked.

"I'm here to visit Xu Manor. I haven't visit father since my wedding." Xu Ling Ai sweetly respond.

"I also brought some gifts for sisters." She show them the gifts that she had bought.

Suddenly, her Second Sister Xu Li Mei laughed out loud. Followed by Concubine Mao.

"Have you been dump by your own husband? That's why you come back?" Xu Li Mei still laughing. She purposely said it out loud for everyone to listern.

"I'm trying to be nice. Please don't test my patient." Xu Ling Ai fake smiling.

"It must be true then! First Sister her husband don't want her anymore. Pity her!" Xu Li Mei exclaimed while Xu Jia Wen just stand there smirking.

Xu Jia Wen is one the popular young lady in the country. In front of everyone, she couldn't act improperly. She is known for her gentleness and smartness.

"You're embarrassing Xu Manor! Go back." Second Madam chase Xu Ling Ai away from there.

"I'm being respectful. But you're the one who started it. I came here to take my mother's things. Nothing else." Xu Ling Ai said while walking into their direction.

"There's no such thing that your mother has her belongings here." Second Madam push her and she stumbled a bit.

If they are inside the manor, Xu Ling Ai would probably the one who teach them a lesson. But they are outside and their neighbours are watching.

"Get your trash and yourself away from Xu Manor." Xu Li Mei interrupt the conversation and kicked one of the gifts.

This bring up Xu Ling Ai's anger. Gu Mama packed it with sincerity and Xu Li Mei had the nerves to trashed it.

"Xu Li Mei! Stop it or you will have a taste of my hand." Xu Ling Ai indicated she want to slap Xu Li Mei.

"Hey Xu Ling Ai! Who are you to slap my daughter?!" Concubine Mao backing up her one and only daughter.

"Shut up old aunt. I'm in no mood to get into the manor now but don't get your hope too high. I will come back very soon." Xu Ling Ai smirked at them then proceed to lift back the gifts.

If she wanted, she could just picked a fight with them. But she is now a consort to a prince. She bring the whole imperial family image.

As much as she don't like Li Zhao, she is still rational enough not to make stupid decision. So she decided to keep it low.

Squatting down to ease her work, she pick them one by one. However, sounds of horse step starting to get closer.

Xu Ling Ai look to her right side. Glancing from the horse feet until the person who ride the horse. She never knew horseback riding will look that kind of mesmerising.

It's him. The groom that she married a few days ago. Xu Ling Ai was too surprised that the gifts on her hand fell down.

He look so fine and hunky that she might drool. Thank god she is still squatting or the gifts would have scattered around.

'What is he doing here? I thought we are still fighting?' She thought with jaw dropping.

"Why do this lord's Princess Consort still outside?" Li Zhao demand an answer as soon as he ascended on the ground. He was still wearing his royal attire.

Earlier, when he get to the manor Gu Mama told him that Xu Ling Ai visit Xu Manor. Gu Mama was hinting him to go back with her but he pretended that he didn't understand.

Li Zhao went straight to his room to change his robes. But he remembered that Xu Ling Ai never once spilled anything about their relationship to anyone. So he decided to help her.

"Your Highness! Where are you going?" Wu Xi question him. Li Zhao ignore him and ride the horse in a hurry.

"Your Highness!" All the second madam's minion greet Li Zhao. They curtsy while keeping their eyes on the ground.

Xu Family have never meet Li Zhao face to face so they are somehow nervous. And they don't know how to respond to his question.

"What are you still doing down there? As a Princess Consort to this lord, you shouldn't be lifting that. They are the one who should do it." Xu Ling Ai stood up quickly as soon as she heard him calling her.

"Ling Ai. I already told you there will be servant to help. Why are you insisting to pick them up on your own?" Second Madam really change the way she speak.

Li Zhao clearly saw them looking at Xu Ling Ai on the ground without offering any help. He was somehow feel unusual that Xu Ling Ai stay quiet.

"Your Highness. What are you doing here?" Xu Ling Ai whisper at Li Zhao. She thought he is still mad about the other day issue.

But Li Zhao just look down at her as a sign that he was unsatisfied that she didn't told him about going back to her maiden household.

P.S.
Li Zhao came to the rescued!

VOTE and COMMENT if you like this chapter!

Thanks! 💖 - R