Chapter 47

"Gu Mama. I went to the town for a while. I will come back home quick." Xu Ling Ai screamed while sprinting out of the manor with a box of soap.

She had planned for it since the other day. Since her soap had succeed, why don't she sell it to earn some money? If she told Li Zhao first, he definitely won't agree to it.

Looking for a spot to sit down, she stretch down the mat that she bought from the manor. Placing down the soaps carefully, she then sit down next to it.

Fortunately, it is still in the morning so the sun is not too bright. She look around her, everyone is attracting their customers with their own tactic. So she decided to do one.

"Come! Come!" Her high pitched voice startled them. They look at the young miss oddly. Why did she sit on the ground? Because everyone else is standing.

"Take a look! Buy two free one! Come! Come!" Xu Ling Ai flaps her hand at the customer.

"Uncle! Aunty! Sister! Brother! Come come!" She begun to stand up. A lady approached her.

"Yes sister come and have a look! I made this on my own. The fragrance is different from any other soap in this country." Xu Ling Ai enthusiastically explain every detail.

"I will buy two." The lady said and it instantly brought a bright smile on Xu Ling Ai lips.

"Thank you so much sister! I give you one free because you buy two." She handed the bag of soaps to the lady.

After a few minutes sitting there without customer, several man started to swarm around spot.

"Young lady what did you sell?" The man ask interestedly. They actually went there because she is pretty.

"Soaps. Come brother I will explain to you." Xu Ling Ai again explain from A to Z.

"All the ingredients that I used is organic. This is good for skin. If you gift it to your lady, she will definitely love it!" Xu Ling Ai wink at them wanting to give them confidence to buy her product. To be truth, she exaggerated a bit. But it is how all seller sell things.

"Thank you young lady! If this turns out good, this brother will come again!" They said in union. Xu Ling Ai laugh with them as return.

She couldn't believe they actually buy all the soaps. Xu Ling Ai sit back down on the mat. The sun finally rise on top of her head.

She fan herself for a bit because it was too hot. Turning the box upside down, Xu Ling Ai started to count the silvers that she earned.

Her forehead began to sweat. She wipe it off. All of a sudden, the sun is nowhere there. It was dark as if it is going to start rains. Xu Ling Ai look up and she found a very familiar face.

"Chanyu!" She exclaimed. He covered her shadow by his figure to block the sun.

"What are you doing here?" Xu Ling Ai asked while folding the mat.

"I am on my way to my restaurant and I saw you." Chanyu hesitantly said.

Today is the day he is going to betray her. He couldn't wait any longer. If he wait, he might not be able to do it. And he need to return to the mongolian territory.

"Oh really? You don't want to show me your restaurant?" Xu Ling Ai look at him with wiggling eyebrows.

"S-sure. Let's go then." Chanyu himself don't know why he is reluctant on doing it to her. But his revenge force him.

Chanyu and Ganba had planned to kidnapped her and take her with him to his territory. So that Li Zhao will give up on taking care of the country. That moment the mongolian soldiers will attack Han.

"Why are stuttering so much today? Are you sick?" Xu Ling Ai instantly notice his odd speech.

"I'm just hungry." Chanyu fixed his mistakes. His eyes was everywhere but not looking into her eyes. He couldn't see her cheery face.

Walking side by side, Xu Ling Ai is the one who spoke like there's not tomorrow. She literally pick any topic. Even the smallest thing could make her laugh.

"We have arrived." Chanyu finally interrupted her story-telling time. They have arrived in front of a restaurant called "Inviting".

"Wow! This is huge!" Xu Ling Ai jaw drop when she saw it. Definitely not a small project.

"But where is everyone? There is no customers?" Feeling curious because the door was close and there's no one inside.

"Today is the close day. You're my friend so I will let you in as a special service." Chanyu look at his subordinates around the area. Everyone is in their position.

"Really?! Then this pretty lady will remember this forever!" Xu Ling Ai dramatically said while patting his arms like she was some princess.

"So pretty. Today, I will help you taste every single dishes." She winked at him using the word "taste" He laugh at her because he knew she loves to eat.

Once he realised his real mission, that smile drop right away. He is not sure whether he is doing it right or not.

After some times, a huge amount of food being served on her table. Her saliva threatened to slip down. Once the food settle down, she consume every single one of it.

On the other hand, the final drink is being served. A drugged tea to be exact. Chanyu couldn't bear to use his strength on her so he decided to drugs her.

"Cheers." Xu Ling Ai sheepishly smile holding the tea cup. She was about to drink it when another presences barge into the restaurant.

All of them wearing full black outfit and a masks. They stand in union surrounded their dining table.

They barged into the restaurant through the roof and windows. Xu Ling Ai was too startled that her cup slip from her hand and shattered on the ground.

"Who are you?" Chanyu was also surprised by another presence. He is sure his subordinates won't move without any signal. So infront of him is someone else's.

His instincts was to hide Xu Ling Ai behind him. He was supposed to kidnapped her but now he is the one who protected her.

"Xu Ling Ai. Xu Ling Ai." A very familiar wicked voice. Xu Ling Ai peeked from Chanyu's back.

She was very sure he is someone she knows. But why did he bring all this swords and assassins?

'Have I done something wrong to somebody? Am I going to die?' Xu Ling Ai thought.

"Get out." Chanyu voice roaring. His subordinates wanted to help him but he don't want their identity be in risks.

"Grab him." Chanyu had no choice but to fight back. But he pretend to be weak and don't really know how to fight.

Defeating them is not a problem but if he uses the mongolians martial arts, most likely they will know him. Because the leader of Nothern Xiangnu's martial arts is different from Han's.

Ganba and the rest of the subordinates look anxiously at their master. They wanted to help but Chanyu show them a sign not to interrupt.

They are not sure what is Chanyu going to do and Ganba is totally clueless on why Chanyu is trying to defend Xu Ling Ai. He could have save himself first.

P.S.
Any blinks here? I'm waiting for Snowdrop!

VOTE and COMMENT if you like this chapter!

Thanks! 💖 - R