Chapter 6

The Wedding Day

Inside the luxurious pavilion, a bride was waiting for her groom. She is wearing a full extravagant red robes with laces around it. The colours complement her skin tone.

It enhance her beauty to a fierce beauty. Her beauty was peerless. But tonight only her rightful husband could see the face under the veil.

The wedding attended by the people who lived in the Duke Su Manor only. Not even His Majesty and Her Majesty attend it. Li Zhao agreed marrying her but without an extravagant wedding. Only the important process.

After going through all the wedding process, she finally sat on her wedding chamber. She still hasn't seen her husband as her vision been covered by veil whole day. Xu Ling Ai then lifted up her bride veil a bit to look around.

"Holy guacamole! I still couldn't believe I just get married! Xiao Zhan I didn't mean to betray you, it is a forced decision."

Xu Ling Ai found out that Duke of Su and the general is the same person. She is right about him having an extraordinary identity.

"By the way, am I really marrying a freaking prince? Why can't he be just a normal guy? What if my fate happen just like in the drama?" The fact that she is marrying a prince scared her.

Everytime in the chinese drama, marrying a prince or an emperor always led to a terrifying ending. She hope that she will be out of here soon.

Looking around, she could see that the chamber was well decorated. But till now she still haven't see her chosen husband.

"I want to return back him this jade, why hasn't he came yet? If he don't want it, I might as well sell it." She smirked looking at the jade on her small hand.

Xu Ling Ai admit that she feel a bit glad that she has probably met her husband before.

'At least he is not an old man or uncle right? I am sure he also don't want to marry me. So we both got something in common.'

She couldn't help but wonder what was he doing that night. Xu Ling Ai feel so curious but she won't asked him about it. Curiosity kill the cat. Remember.

"Wait a minute! In the history, who is the girl did Li Zhao really get married to? Is it really Xu Ling Ai?" She tried to remember the history. She can hardly remember the history of Han.

"Why should I care? It's not like I can remember any of the Han history. Let's just go with the flow."

Outside the Pavilion

Li Zhao currently stood tall on top of a roof the opposite of his bride's pavilion. His expression was impossible to find out. In the red robes, he looked both dashing and hunky. It fits perfectly with his masks. He look scary and intimidating at the same time.

"Your Highness, we had prepared everything. Our subordinate is ready to release all the arrows. We will wait for your signal." Wu Xi informed him.

They are currently getting ready to kill the newly bride who marry their master.

After receiving Wu Xi's words, he decided to quickly get it over by killing her.

Jumping down from the top, he descended to the ground looking like a devil.

He walk in a smooth flowing stride heading towards the pavilion. Pulled open the huge door, he finally saw a petite figure of the woman that he just married.

Looking at the way the girl fiddling her hand nervously, he pity her for marrying a devil like him.

Li Zhao then took the traditional stick on his right side then proceed to swiftly open the bridal veil.