Chapter 3

A busy crowd in the capital. The capital city of the Han Dynasty and center of the government was the city of Luoyang. The emperor lived in the capital and ruled over his vast empire.

The current ruler Li Wei, The Wu Emperor. With another three prince left in the imperial throne's line. He also have one daughter.

One of them is Li Zhi Ming, Duke of Huai. The Third Prince who possess both good looking and intelligence. Li Zhi Ming loves his freedom and he is loved by the people for his calm personality.

The next one was Li Jun Yi, Duke Of Chen. The First Prince also possess a good looking figure but with antagonism vibe. He is the well known snobbish and arrogant prince. Li Jun Yi is very sure that he is going to be the next crown prince as he is the first born of the emperor.

Lastly, there is the Duke of Su. The Second Prince of the country named Li Zhao. His entire presence exudes the respectable, dignified air of a royal and regal.

Anyone standing before him instantly feel inferior. Those deep, dark pupils seemed empty without any feelings. Those eyes would make one's knee buckled.

He is also the great general of this country. At a young age, he had been bestowed his title and holding the entire military power making him undefeated.

However, him wearing a masks made people feel doubtful of his ability and luck to lead the country. Li Zhao has been wearing a masks since he is a teenager.

But no one know why. They guessed that half of his face is disfigured since he only use a half mask.

Li Zhao had no intention on fighting for the imperial throne. But his presence alone threatened the others.

One of them is Empress Yi, Li Jun Yi's birth mother.

The Palace

"Your Majesty. Zhao Er age is no more young. He is already marriageable. Why don't we choose a young miss for him?" The Empress sounding out her opinion to her husband who is also the ruler of Han.

"Zhen also thought like that. He is always busy with his work. Zhen also think it's time for him to settle down. But is there any lady who is willing to marry him?" His Majesty replied worriedly. Totally unaware of his empress evil intentions.

The emperor is aware of all the assumptions thrown to Li Zhao due to him wearing a mask. His Majesty himself have never seen Li Zhao taken off his masks since he wore it.

After his mother's death, Li Zhao actually got into a fight that made his face wounded. But logically, it wasn't a deep wound so it is impossible for it to become a scars.

But whenever His Majesty brought up the topic, Li Zhao would shake him off. He would never talk about it.

The Empress has never like Li Zhao's mother. Even though she is already Empress of the country but His Majesty always cared for his late concubine which is Imperial Concubine Fu, Li Zhao birth mother.

The Empress always thought once Concubine Fu passed away, she will have a peaceful life with her husband only focused on her.

But she was wrong. Imperial Concubine Fu left another obstruction which is Li Zhao. She left her excellent son besides His Majesty.

Even though the possibility of Li Zhao becoming an emperor is very thin but she still feel so threatened. The Empress has been looking for numerous plan to destroy him but none succeed.

Till one day, one of Her Majesty's servant accidentally heard the ugly and misfortune of the Xu Manor's Third Miss. The servant quickly told the empress as Her Majesty believe in supernatural things.