Chapter 28

Luoyang Capital

"Our country is being curse!" Everyone in the town mourning for their life.

A family who got killed last night startle the people in Han. All of them were in chaos. They are afraid for their own family.

"Imperial Notice"

A notice was glued by roya guard from the palace. They all rushed towards the notice wall.

"Han people please stay calm. Imperial guards is currently doing their job. Please do not spread baseless rumours about this issue. Please wait until an official announcement from His Majesty." The guards read it out loud.

At the end of the notice, the emperor's imperial heirloom seal stamp on it. The people surrounded it to make sure it was from their ruler.

Once reading it, all of them started a discussion among themselves.

"Did you know that family got killed brutally?" A lady gossiping with her friends.

"Poor them. Probably it was their enemy right?"

"The family were killed all at once!"

"How did you know?"

"My friend lived beside the manor! So scary right?"

"Also their heart was rip out of their chest! It was very horrifying." A few of them flinch out of scared.

"I don't think it is a human being deeds. How could a human kill someone so mercilessly?"

Some of them even sympathize the family. However, they couldn't do anything. No one saw the assassin.

The Palace's Court

"Your Majesty there's no led that the assassin left. It was very clean. We couldn't find anything." An imperial guard greeted the emperor.

The ministers talking to each other worriedly. While Emperor Wu were very stressful due to this case.

Their country have never struck by this kind of killing. The fact that no trace can be found add up the tension.

"Your Majesty the people is demanding an answer!" Minister He said loudly. He is one of the lead minister among all the ministers.

"The assassin rip out the family's heart out. This can't be a human doing. It might be our turn soon." A minister voicing out his fear.

Emperor Wu kept his silence. He needed to think about it properly. The emperor was about to say something but an eunuch wearing a green robes rushed in panicking.

"Your Majesty bad news!" The eunuch catch his breath before telling the emperor about the news

"What is it?" Emperor Wu question with a flat tone.

"Another victim was found beside the Luoyang river. The killing pattern was the same. The heart is no more." The eunuch respond nervously.

Gasped can be heard among the ministers. They are anxious. The fact that two case happen in one night frightened them out.

"What is the motive of this killing spree?" Emperor Wu muttered to himself.

"Your Majesty let me handle this matter. I will make sure the assassin will be catch." Duke Chen, Li Jun Yi sounds very confident. He wanted to gain his father's favour.

"This is a dangerous matter. Are you sure you want to do this?" Emperor Wu question his son.

"Your Majesty please hear our pleas." Minister He again interrupt their conversation.

This time all the minister repeat Minister He's plea. Hearing this, the emperor Wu couldn't refuse them.

"Zhen will allow but zhen want Duke Chen and Duke Su to work together." Emperor Wu remarks.

At first, Emperor Wu was going to hand over the matter to Li Zhao since he is the general but Li Jun Yi had personally asked for it in front of every ministers.

Li Zhi Ming just stand there in silence. His father will never trust him with such work since he is the youngest one. He is completely fine with it cause he had no interest in political.

"Your Majesty should we cancel the Lantern Festival?" An eunuch deliver a question from the people.

All of them starting to look at each other. Latern Festival is a special celebration on the last day of Spring Festival. Every year they will celebrate it.

"Your Majesty we should continue the festival like usual. If we suddenly called it off, it would increase the people's concerns. And the assassin might have the chance to escape." Li Zhao finally spoke up.

The minister was totally against Li Zhao as the general but his words were true. Once the people are panic, the emperor might not able to control them.

"Zhen agree with Duke Su. Passed down a decree about permission for Duke Chen and Duke Su to carry the investigation." Emperor Wu said with final words.

In A Dungeon

"How could you lost him?!" A lady yell at her men. She had paid them a lot.

She is wearing a veil over her face. But the way she dress very extravagant. We could tell that she is not a normal person.

The mysterious lady had build the Human Vampire Poison since twelve years ago. Her motive was to possess the country as hers.

"We are sorry Your Majesty." The men bow down fearing for their lives. In front of them is the Han country empress.

"Useless!" Empress Yi slapped the man hardly that her ring scratched his face.

The man remain calm knowing his master temper. A human vampire were very strong so they accidentally lost him.

"Empress Yi." A man appear from the shadow. He is in his middle age. Probably around forties.

"Poison Master Hu how could you let this happen?" Empress Yi question. She couldn't get mad at him because he hold every key to her plan.

They have been working together for along time ever since they are young. Poison Master Hu is her old friend.

"He is very strong. We couldn't held him for too long." Poison Master Hu had worked hard to produce the poison.

They have test the poison on human for twelve years but none succeeded. It was what they thought. They didn't knew that they actually succeeded twelve years ago.

The prove that they succeeded is Li Zhao. Their first test was on Li Zhao. When Imperial Concubine Fu passed away, Empress Yi took care of young Li Zhao for awhile.

Empress Yi put the poison in his food. She was waiting for his reaction but nothing happen. She thought she failed so she changed the poison formula again until today.

Unknown to her after a few days, young Li Zhao cough out blood and he nearly died. Li Zhao did not know who poison him but he is sure someone in the palace. So young Li Zhao hide it from everyone.

Right away, he moved out of the palace to avoid everyone knowing his condition. After a few weeks, a mark grew on young Li Zhao's face that made him wore a masks.

"The good news is we finally succeed in producing the poison." Poison Master Hu smirk in victory. His hard work finally paid off.

"I know it's a good news but my son Duke Chen and that bastard Li Zhao is taking over the case!" Empress Yi couldn't contain her anger anymore.

"Try to talk to your son first. He might want to join us."

P.S.

It was the empress who poison Li Zhao!

VOTE and COMMENT if you like this chapter!

Thanks! 💖 - R