Chapter 37

Empress Yi's Palace

"No secret can stay hidden forever. You'll never know what's lurking around you."

That words of Xu Ling Ai keep repeating in the empress's mind. She was very anxious. The way Xu Ling Ai tease her seems like she know something.

"Did that brat know anything?" Empress Yi angrily talk to herself.

Earlier, Empress Yi never thought that Xu Ling Ai would counter back at her by falling into the lake herself. Empress Yi was very sure about one thing that Xu Ling Ai is crazy.

"Fan harder! Don't you have any energy!" Empress Yi snapped at one of her servant who fanned her too slow.

She needed to plan a backup plan. Her mind got so messed up that she accidentally drink the hot tea without blowing it.

"Argh! So hot!" Empress Yi spit the tea out trying to ease her tongue.

Throwing the cup and it hit the ground shattered into pieces. Busy tidying herself, she pull herself together when the guards announced someone's arrival.

"His Majesty has arrived!" The guards announce loudly.

Every servant starting to rise up and bow down. Respecting their ruler Emperor Wu. On the other hand, Empress Yi were too surprised that she forgot about her burning tongue.

"Your Majesty why are you here? Is there anything important? This empress can visit you if you want." Empress Yi turn to the most filial wife.

After greeting her husband, she instantly dismissed all the servants leaving her and the emperor alone.

Empress Yi and Emperor Wu's relationship were never a normal couple relationship. They were entirely based on the forced marriage because Empress Yi's family got power.

Ever since Imperial Concubine Fu's death, Emperor Wu never visit his concubines or empress chamber. It has been a long time he ever place his foot in Empress Yi's territory.

So empress Yi could instantly predict it was something very important because he would never visit her.

"Zhen came here to remind you something." Emperor Wu didn't want to waste anytime.

Empress Yi could guess it was about the earlier incident of hers and Xu Ling Ai. But she decided to feign innocence like she always did.

"What is it Your Majesty?" A glint of nervousness can be heard in her voice.

"Zhen don't want to know what is your problem with Xu Ling Ai. But I want to remind you to not cross the line." His voice were stern and clear.

"What are you talking about Your Majesty?" Empress Yi pretend to feel offend by her husband accusations.

"Jiang Mei stop all this nonsense. Even after my beloved woman died, you're still not satisfied?"

It was a not minor matter when emperor Wu called empress Yi by her real name. Empress Yi's smiley face instantly wiped off when she heard him say that.

"Do not provoke Zhao Er by using Xu Ling Ai. You won't get a good result. You know Zhao Er is not someone you wanna play with." Emperor Wu was indirectly implying that he will back up his son no matter what.

"But.." Before Empress Yi could defend herself, emperor cut her off.

"One more mistake you make, Zhen will not take this matter lightly. Your place as the empress will be on risk." Emperor Wu warned her and left her there. Stunned and mad.

"Argh!!" Empress Yi flip everything that she could reach.

The New Couple Chamber

Bride waiting for her husband to get into the chamber. Xu Jia Wen sat on the luxurious bed looking gloomy.

She thought she would be all over the moon once she get married but it didn't seems to be so.

Her husband hasn't visit her chamber until late night. She knows he will never favour her because he was force by his father and mother.

But one thing for sure is she now had power more than all the ladies in the country and they will envy her for that.

A sudden push on the door made her looked up. It was him. Her husband that she has been yearning for.

"Your Highness where have you been? I've been waiting for you." Xu Jia Wen walk to Li Jun Yi.

Once she gets near him, she could smell the strong stink scent of alcohol. Plus he was totally drunk and slurry.

"Why are you drinking so much Your Highness?" She try to help him get to the bed.

However, he suddenly grab her neck roughly and pulled her towards him. His eyes with glint of hatred and anger.

"Stop acting like you're my real consort." Li Jun Yi harshly said.

Xu Jia Wen struggled to get away from his grip. She was so hurting from his choke that she struggled to breath. Her eyes welled up with tears.

"L-let me go." She barely hanged on her words.

Li Jun Yi let her go but he suddenly laugh out loud. He even stumbled trying to stay balance. He then look at his new bride up and down.

"You really want to be my woman right? Then serve me in bed." Li Jun Yi dangerously walk towards her.

Xu Jia Wen back off feeling terrified by his behaviour. She then fell on the bed and he went on top of her.

She never imagine her life would be like this. But if this is the only way for her to make him favour and love her, she is willing to do anything.

'Maybe if I conceive a son, His Highness will love me.'  Looking deeply into that black eyes full of lust, Xu Jia Wen then took the initiative to kiss him. That night both of them consummate their marriage without love.

P.S.
Zhen means 'I' in the imperial form. Only use for emperor.

VOTE and COMMENT if you like this chapter!

Thanks! 💖 - R