Chapter 4

Julia's P.O.V

Unknown: Sup nerd?

The message appeared on my screen after I turned my phone on.

Me: Who are you, and what do you want?

Unknown: When and where are we meeting regarding our English?

Aaron. It can only be him.

Me: How about tomorrow and Friday?

Unknown: Cool, send me your address and I'll come after practice.

My house?!

Doesn't he know how rude my dad is? My stepsister? Stepmother?

Unknown: Nerd? You still there?

Oops.

Me: Fine, I'll send you my address.

Isn't it weird that nobody at school notices me, yet the biggest player has my number?

I send my father's address to him.

"Here." Kevin said, throwing car keys in my face.

"Ouch!" I said, touching my forehead because of the pain. "What's this for?" I asked him.

"Your new car, that way you'll stop coming to my house with that old truck of yours. It stands out like a sore thumb." he uttered and heads upstairs.

Isn't it weird that your parents can't give you the things that you want, yet they can give you the things that you don't need?

The only thing I expect from both my parents is their love and attention. Just that.

But, I don't think it will ever happen.

He can afford to give me a car but he's unable to show me some love. Wonderful!

I put the car keys next to my nightstand and continue with my homework.

**

"Hey Honey." Maria, my stepmom greeted my dad. "Is that my new car parked outside?" she asked in excitement.

"It's hers." he said, referring to me.

He can't even say my name...

"What?! Why the hell did you buy her a car? She's not our responsibility!" she scoffed.

"I bought her that car because her truck didn't fit in our yard. It was way too embarrassing." he uttered.

"Understandable, but when is she leaving my house?" she asked, giving me a stern look.

"Your house?" I asked her. "You came here with nothing, penniless! Yet you claim that this house belongs to you." I uttered.

"Shut up, you b*tch!" Kevin said to me.

"Why should I? Is it because you don't want to face the truth?! This woman doesn't love you, she's just sucking you dry!" I scoffed, leaving the dinner table and heading to my bedroom.