Chapter 24

Julia's P.O.V

Monday morning

"I don't know what I'm going to wear. I should've washed these on Saturday when I got here." I mumbled, looking through my suitcase.

"You wore my clothes yesterday and on Saturday, so what makes you think you can't wear them today?" she asked me whilst brushing her hair.

"I can't go to school in your clothes." I said.

"Why?" she turned around.

"Because they are not the kind of clothes that I would wear." I mumbled.

"Jules, it's up to you whether you want to go to your mom's or dad's and fetch your clothes, or you either wear mine."

Not ready to see both of them.

"Fine, I'll wear yours." I muttered and thereafter walked towards her closet to look for something. "Where are you sweatpants?"

"They aren't here, they're in the store room. I'm taking them out this weekend."

"Why are they in there in the first place?" I asked out of confusion.

"Because, during summer, I don't wear them."

I guess I don't have a choice but to wear a shirt to school.

"Let me help you." she said, walking into the closet. I walk out and brush my hair.

She walks out with a black and white skirt, and a white tank top and shoves them in my hands.

"Get dressed." she mumbled.

"A tank top? And isn't there a longer skirt than this one?" I asked with a frown.

"Girl, does it look like I own clothes that my grandmother wears?" she asked sarcastically. "Wear this over your outfit." she said giving me a blouse. "And please, don't close those buttons."

"Thanks." I said and thereafter got dressed. "Shoes please?" I asked her. "Not heels." I added and she chuckled in response.

She hands me a pair of sneakers and goes back to applying her mascara. I wear the shoes and we head downstairs for breakfast.

"If there's one thing I did not consider is my school bag." I uttered. "It's at my dad's."

"Let's go then." she said, standing up and taking my car keys.

We leave the house and get into the car. We arrive at my dad's mansion in less than 5 minutes.

"Can you please get it for me?" I asked her, giving her the house keys. She takes them and I tell her that it's in my room. "If you see my Kevin or Maria, just tell them that you're a friend of Brookes."

"And what if I see Brookes?"

"Don't even say anything to her." I said. "You just walk in and go straight to my room."

"Cool." she said and walked out of the car. She walks in and comes out a few minutes later. She gets into the car and gives it to me.

Different WorldsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara