C7 Ye Chen the Principal Wants to See You

Under the stupefied gazes of the surrounding students, Ye Chen walked down the Fighting Platform without a care.

Yang Feng, leading the group of students to Ye Chen, glared at him menacingly.

"Ye Chen, I didn't expect you to be this terrifying!"

Ye Chen did not even bother giving a moment of his time to Yang Feng, and instead, simply walked to Liu Qianqian's side.

"Qianqian, aren't I amazing?" Ye Chen said with a smile.

"Ye Chen, why didn't you tell me about your true strength earlier? You've caused me to worry about you every single day," Liu Qianqian said in a somewhat annoyed tone. On the other hand, she proceeded to give off a relieved yet playful smile as if a burden has been lifted off her back. "But I guess I won't have to worry about you being bullied any longer."

Looking at the bright smile on Liu Qianqian's fair face, Ye Chen thought that it would be something worth protecting for the rest of his life as the colors began filling up again in his black-and-white world.

Seeing them interact with one another, Yang Feng's face infuriated with jealousy. He stared at Ye Chen and said, "Ye Chen, just you wait!"

"Ye Chen! Ye Chen!"

A fat middle-aged man shouted Ye Chen's name from far away.

The fat middle-aged man, Lin Gensheng, was Ye Chen's homeroom teacher.

Ye Chen secretly smiled and thought: "How ironic human nature can be." To think that Lin Gensheng, the one who had always looked down on him, is now calling for his name from afar.

"Name: Lin Gensheng"

"Cultivation Talent: Intermediate."

"Cultivation Stage: Two-star Martial Cultivator."

Only after the realm of a Reserve Martial Cultivator would one be considered a true martial artist. Upon reaching the realm of the Star Martial Cultivators, you will first embark on your journey as a Single-Star Martial Cultivator and your rank from then on will only increase up to ten stars. Any further than that, and you will be referred to as a legend.

"Teacher Lin, why are you here?" Liu Qianqian looked at Lin Gensheng with a puzzled expression.

"Qianqian, I came to find Ye Chen," Lin Gensheng smiled at Ye Chen and spoke in a polite manner. "Ye Chen, a few teachers came to the principal's office just now stating that you sent Bai Jun flying with a single punch."

With that, Lin Gensheng proceeded to sweet talk him. "Ye Chen, I've always believed that you're an extraordinary cultivator! Being such a special hidden gem with limitless potential, you'll be able to shock the world with this very existence of yours!"

Ye Chen's facial expression did not alter one bit; in fact, he felt somewhat disgusted by how much his teacher's attitude changed towards him. In response, he said to Lin Gensheng, "Teacher Lin, you didn't come to find me personally just to compliment me, right?"

"Of course not." Lin Gensheng chuckled, "The principal would like to see you."

After a moment of thought, Ye Chen realized that this was simply how society in this world functioned. After all, defeating Bai Jun, one of the top cultivators in the academy, would inevitably attract the attention of everyone. As a matter of fact, he might as well already claim the ttitle as the number one genius in Anyue Academy.

With that, Ye Chen and Lin Gensheng walked towards the principal's office.

"..."

"The Principal's Office," labeled above the door.

Opening the door, Ye Chen and Lin Gensheng entered into the principal's office.

Inside the principal's office, several of the school's main teachers were present.

The principal was an old man in his sixties. With his bald head and old age, he looked like someone who was very knowldegable and experienced in this world.

"Name: Zhang Fenghe."

"Cultivation Talent: Advanced."

"Level: Six-Star Martial Cultivator."

The principal's level astounded Ye Chen. Though he know the principal was a powerful martial artist, he did not expect him to already reach the realm of a Six-Star Martial Cultivator.

Similar to the principal, the other teachers in the Principal's Office also possessed talent of Advanced Inherent State.

"You must be Ye Chen..." Principal Zhang Fenghe said with a domineering voice and looked at Ye Chen. "You really bear the demeanor of a dragon and phoenix."

"Yes, Principal. I am Ye Chen," Ye Chen nodded in response.

Zhang Fenghe pondered for a few seconds, "Ye Chen, could you tell me the reason for hiding your true strength and talent?"

Ye Chen could not figure out a plausible sounding answer for that question. Even if he told them that he stumbled upon the Replication System coincidentally, they would not know what it was.

"Principal, actually I… " Ye Chen paused for a moment. After thinking for a few seconds, he managed to create a realistic situation to cover up the truth. "I have... a not so simple background..."

"Not simple?" Principal Zhang Fenghe and a few teachers gasped with intrigue in their eyes.

"Ye Chen, could you explain to me how complicated your background really is?" Zhang Fenghe asked Ye Chen in a serious manner.

However, Ye Chen shook his head and said, "I'm unable to speak any further regarding my background."