C34 The Headmaster's Heartache

The faces of everyone in the plaza were as shocked as they could get. It was as if they had just witnessed a scene that never should have taken place.

The Double-Headed Centipede was instantly killed!

The Steel-Armored Pig was instantly killed!

You have to know that these were not just any wild beast. These were First Stage Vicious Beasts!

Principal Zhang Fenghe, however, felt a wave of pain in his heart. To extract Vicious Beast's Blood from its body, one will have to go through a complicated process inorder to do so.

But now that the Double-Headed Centipede had been destroyed and the Steel-Armored Pig had been flattened, extracting the Vicious Beasts' Blood would be far more difficult. Rather, how would they even be able to do so now?

For a moment, Principal Zhang Fenghe could not help but feel a sense of regret. If he had known that Ye Chen had grown so powerful, he would never have approved of his request to fight the Vicious Beasts. But now that he had already given his words of approval, he could only bear the consequences of his actions.

However, further thinking about the price of each Vicious Beast…

Zhang Fenghe's face twitched slightly. Just when Ye Chen and Lin Gensheng were about to go to the last cage, he rushed towards them to prevent them from killing the final Vicious Beast.

"Wait!"

Ye Chen and Lin Gensheng, stopping in their tracks, turned around and looked at Zhang Fenghe in confusion.

"Ye Chen, I feel that you have already gained enough combat experience from this. Thus, there's no longer a reason for you to continue," Zhang Fenghe said with a calm voice. "Let's just leave the Dusk-Dwelling Cat alone, shall we?"

Ye Chen naturally did not expect Zhang Fenghe to say such a thing. However, now that the principal had already told him to stop, he should probably stop now.

The students of Sky Blue Academy and Gale Academy had all left the Anyue Academy. Had they continued to remain here, they felt as if they would have to dig their own holes and hide from the embarrassment.

At this moment, a group of students gathered around Ye Chen with admiration written all over their faces.

"Brother Ye, you're no longer just the number one genius in Anyue Academy, but now you're also the number one genius in the entire East Base City."

"Now that Brother Ye is the number one genius among East Base City students, what is Mu Hai and Jin Cheng even worth?"

While Mu Hai was the number one genius of Sky Blue Academy, Jin Cheng was the number one genius of Gale Academy.

"It seems like Brother Ye will undoubtedly get first place in the upcoming competition between the three acadamies."

Using Chinese schools as an example, Ye Chen, currently in his third year of high school would soon have to graduate and move on to higher-level education. If he managed to get first place in the upcoming competition, Trinity Competition, then he would definitely receive a lot of attention from the higher-level academies outside of East Base City.

During the Trinity Competition, the top ten students will be selected to fill in the spots that the White Cloud Intermediate Cultivation Academy had provided for the academies in East Base City.

As for the other students who fail to attend White Cloud Intermediate Cultivation Academy, they would simply enter other low-level academies.

After all, East Base City was just a subsidiary of the White Cloud Base.

"..."

As the day of the Trinity Competition lingered closer and closer, Ye Chen and Liu Qianqian had been constantly training to prepare for the event with minimal amounts of rest. During that period, Liu Qianqian had managed to break through to the level of a True Reserve Martial Cultivator.

Three days after Liu Qianqian's breakthrough, Yang Feng also became a True Reserve Martial Cultivator.

After all, both of them possessed Advanced Inherent State Talent, which certainly assisted them in their cultivation.

On the other hand, Ye Chen felt that he was about to break into the realm of the One-Star Martial Cultivator. The moment he achieves that breakthrough, it is said that a Sea of Qi Essence will appear in his body, which contained far more Qi than any Reserve Martial Cultivator could imagine.

Two weeks before the Trinity Competition was Zhang Xiaoshi's birthday.

Zhang Xiaoshi had a good relationship with Ye Chen and Liu Qianqian, for they were teammates during the previous field trial. If he invited them to his birthday party, they would naturally attend it.

Despite there being various kinds of Vicious Beasts in the outskirts of the East Base City, the overall urban area still resembles that of Huaxia City, perhaps even a bit more prosperous.

After much searching online, Zhang Xiaoshi discovered a KTV called "The Diamond Family." Upon hearing its name, he knew that not many people could afford to go to such an expensive-sounding place.

However, Zhang Xiaoshi's family had quite a bit of assets.

Then, Zhang Xiaoshi proceeded to go to the Diamond Family and booked a room called the Crystal Place.

With that, Ye Chen, Liu Qianqian, Wang Hai, and Xiao Wei headed towards the Diamond Family.