C47 If I Win I will Confess to You in front of the Whole School

No one knew who began spreading the news of the Battle between Ye Chen and Wang Qiang. However, it had already spread like wildfire, reaching every corner of Anyue Academy. As an old saying goes, even the walls have ears.

The students of Anyue Academy were all extremely excited about the incoming battle. Never having heard of a student challenging a teacher before, most of the students admired and looked up to Ye Chen for that fact.

A small portion of the students, on the other hand, felt that Ye Chen was far too arrogant. Who does Ye Chen think he is? Just because he ascended into the realm of the One-star Martial Cultivator, what makes him think he could take on a teacher a small realm above his?

After Ye Chen came out of the library, he took a short nap under the tree with a crooked stem in the courtyard. All the students within the area gazed at his presence in shock.

Then, Liu Qianqian, who had been looking for him all over the academy, walked over towards him.

All the students looked at Liu Qianqian.

"Ye Chen, what exactly do you think you're doing" Liu Qianqian asked, looking at the sleeping Ye Chen.

Ye Chen opened his eyes reluctantly and rubbed the corner of his eye with his hand.

"Oh, it's you, Qianqian."

After saying that, Ye Chen yawned.

"Why did you have to challenge Wang Qiang into a fight?" Liu Qianqian said, her pale face filled with worry and anxiety. "You should know that Wang Qiang has never liked you to begin with."

Ye Chen smiled, "Don't worry Qianqian, I'm a One-star Martial Cultivator now."

One Star... Martial artist?

Liu Qianqian was stunned, "Ev- Even then, Wang Qiang is a Two-star Martial Cultivator."

Two-star Martial Cultivator?

Then wouldn't that be the end of it?

Ye Chen pretended to let out a shocked expression.

"Oh, now you're afraid?" Liu Qianqian looked at Ye Chen.

Afraid?

In the next instant, Ye Chen let out a leisure smile and proclaimed: "I, Ye Chen, still don't know what fear is."

Liu Qianqian was beyond astonished. "Ye Chen, do you really think you can beat Wang Qiang?"

"Yeah," Ye Chen nodded. "Why makes you think I can't defeat him?"

Liu Qianqian looked at Ye Chen's face filled with confidence and did not know what else to say.

"You know what?" Ye Chen suddenly looked at Liu Qianqian and declared. "Qianqian, if I defeat Wang Qiang tomorrow, I will confess to you in front of the entire school."

"You, you …"

Liu Qianqian's cheeks flushed red upon hearing his words.

"What are you talking about at such a time?!"

Ye Chen smiled, "Then it's a deal. You have to say yes when the time comes, okay?"

Liu Qianqian's face turned as red as beetroot. She originally wanted to persuade Ye Chen to not fight with Wang Qiang, but now it seemed that she was unable to persuade him any longer.

"..."

The next day at the Fighting Stadium...

All of the teachers and students of the school had arrived at the Fighting Stadium to spectate yet another rare occurrence.

The battle between Ye Chen and Wang Qiang!

It was a duel between a student and a teacher. Such a thing had never been heard out, much less seen, in the history of Anyue Academy.

Wang Qiang walked up to the Fighting Platform stage and stared fixedly at Ye Chen who was still standing in the middle of the crowd.

"Ye Chen, come on up!" Wang Qiang shouted.

Liu Qianqian tugged on the corner of Ye Chen's shirt, "Be careful."

Ye Chen nodded and walked towards the Fighting Platform.

At this moment, Yang Feng's face was filled with excitement and anticipation. He was so excited that he did not even sleep a wink the whole previous night after learning that Ye Chen accepted Wang Qiang's challenge. After all, the scene of Ye Chen being beaten up by Wang Qiang kept flashing in his mind all night long.

Finally, the day he had been waiting for is nigh.

He now had the chance to witness the scene of Ye Chen being beaten up to a pulp.

At this point, Ye Chen had already walked up the Fighting Platform.

The two contestants stood firmly in their stance. As their gazes met, it seemed as if a great battle was about to unfold.

"Ye Chen, to make it seem like I'm not bullying you, I will give you a handicap by only using one of my arms to fight," Wang Qiang stared at Ye Chen and declared.

"No need," Ye Chen shook his head.

Seeing this, Wang Qiang's face darkened and sunk, not knowing where Ye Chen's confidence came from. Could it simply from the rush of adrenaline resulting from one attaining the strength of a One-star Martial Cultivator?

Even then, he is facing a Two-star Martial Cultivator!